• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

It should be set to Nihm for nihm batteries which disables the low volts cut off and when you put your lipo in you should then set it to lipo mode which enables the low volt cut off

On 03/02/2021 at 23:44, Loboo said:

seems like, receiver says 3ch so most probably it is control for this channel. Thx for confirmation.

I happened to have the receiver cover off today and a multimeter handy, so thought I'd check to see if the 'hidden' button on the controller actually does anything. My money was on it being an on/off switch for lights, as most after-market lights simply connect to a spare channel on the receiver.

Anyway, I measured a constant 6v from the channel 3 receiver pins irrespective of whether the button on the controller was pressed or not. Thus it doesn't look like the mystery button controls channel 3.

As an aside, here (https://www.hpiracing.com/fr/part/MV22783) it does clearly state that the MTX-244 is a 3 channel transmitter. 

14 minutes ago, devvo said:

I was wondering in anybody has replaced the esc as it has a slight moment off hesitation. i wanna find some thing that doesn't break the bank and is 3s capable.

Mine cogs quite a bit on 3s as well, but still drives fine once you're above maybe 4/5mph. It's something you get used to with brushless cars. A better esc like a Hobbywing would definitely improve the cogging but in my honest opinion probably not worth it on a budget-mid range model like the Quantum.

31 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

It should be set to Nihm for nihm batteries which disables the low volts cut off and when you put your lipo in you should then set it to lipo mode which enables the low volt cut off

Thanks,  its a used model, so would that be factory default position?

5 minutes ago, supered said:

Thanks,  its a used model, so would that be factory default position?

You can download the ESC instructions from the HPI website. It tells you how to change the low voltage cut-off parameter. It's an easy process, you just keep the small button next to the on/off switch pressed in when you turn it on and count the number of beeps/green flashes until you get to the correct number for the setting you want to change. There are also some other parameters you can change, e.g. braking force, acceleration etc... 

On 06/02/2021 at 11:19, GRPKTA said:

Has anyone fitted the XT spoiler mount and wing to the MT?

You can switch the XT and MT shells without having to change the factory suspension setups (they are slightly different for the MT and XT versions), but you can't mount the XT spoiler on the MT without making some modifications to the MT shell.  

1 hour ago, Loboo said:

Second run, the lower arm seems to be made from paper 😣. Anybody tried to 3d print them? Any stl file to share?

I was actually wondering the same thing. In fact, I was wondering if the Metsafil 'HD' suspension arm that I posted about a couple of days ago isn't 3D printed.

There are a lot of people on the web talking about 3D printing RC car parts but most seem to be for low stress applications. I'd be interested to know if anybody has tried 3D printing something like a suspension arm and whether it would be durable enough?

10 minutes ago, foxycub said:

I was actually wondering the same thing. In fact, I was wondering if the Metsafil 'HD' suspension arm that I posted about a couple of days ago isn't 3D printed.

There are a lot of people on the web talking about 3D printing RC car parts but most seem to be for low stress applications. I'd be interested to know if anybody has tried 3D printing something like a suspension arm and whether it would be durable enough?

Just finished a prototype. Its reinforced in some parts. Lets see how it fits and how long it will survive 🙂

94520AFD-2A9B-417A-A790-10829DB1E666.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Loboo said:

Just finished a prototype. Its reinforced in some parts. Lets see how it fits and how long it will survive 🙂

Cool! Let us know how you get on and don't forget to post some photos of the piece once it has been printed. I'd also be interested to know what material you're printing it from. I think the i3 MK3 supports carbon filled filaments which should certainly be more durable than the paper/cheese that the stock suspension arms are made from😉

2 hours ago, foxycub said:

Cool! Let us know how you get on and don't forget to post some photos of the piece once it has been printed. I'd also be interested to know what material you're printing it from. I think the i3 MK3 supports carbon filled filaments which should certainly be more durable than the paper/cheese that the stock suspension arms are made from😉

Ok prototype done. Seems to be ok. Need to do some testing outside, but so far looks good. Used PLA, its cheap so can print some in to stock. I had to cut few pieces off, so will start working shortly on v2 🙂

1FACF97C-F0D6-4090-B5F7-16A3D6049029.jpeg

794FD516-0496-4A24-AAA4-A26537B72842.jpeg

EF7AC7F3-31E4-414C-BD59-A84EBA705946.jpeg

D1AD9915-3C32-4E72-A6BC-A081B13BFADF.jpeg

AF34FF0E-A8C0-4789-9F30-F757EEE98822.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 14:36, foxycub said:

I happened to have the receiver cover off today and a multimeter handy, so thought I'd check to see if the 'hidden' button on the controller actually does anything. My money was on it being an on/off switch for lights, as most after-market lights simply connect to a spare channel on the receiver.

Anyway, I measured a constant 6v from the channel 3 receiver pins irrespective of whether the button on the controller was pressed or not. Thus it doesn't look like the mystery button controls channel 3.

As an aside, here (https://www.hpiracing.com/fr/part/MV22783) it does clearly state that the MTX-244 is a 3 channel transmitter. 

So its some easter egg from Maverick to keep people busy thinking about 😃

On 12/02/2021 at 13:36, foxycub said:

you dont measure the +- its the signal wire that will show a diference as it generates a voltage into signal wire and it turns the motor in servo till the pot matches it if that makes sense 

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

you dont measure the +- its the signal wire that will show a diference as it generates a voltage into signal wire and it turns the motor in servo till the pot matches it if that makes sense 

That does make sense. Looks like I'll have to have another go next time I have it to bits. Still a chance that the button is channel 3 then! Thanks.

Took delivery of the HD parts from Metsafil this morning so thought I'd share some comparison photos. The replacement suspension arm is definitely beefier than the original. It also seems well made, all dimensions are spot on, the holes for the hinges are aligned and all holes are perfectly sized and tapped where appropriate. From the texture it looks 3D printed and I'm waiting to hear back to see if they can tell me what it's made from.

The replacement turnbuckle seems well made but, given that most probably fail at the narrowest point (where the thread is) I'm doubtful that it will be much stronger. I think they would have been better off making custom rod ends that can accept a thicker screw rather than making it compatible with the stock rod ends (which then limits the screw diameter). That being said, maybe it's made from stronger metal and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also attaching a photo of the HD suspension arms mounted on the XT (without suspension fitted as I've got some cheap all-aluminum suspension arriving any day now that I hope will fit).   

20210215_093643b.jpg

20210215_085138b.jpg

20210215_084700b.jpg

20210215_084744b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxycub said:

Took delivery of the HD parts from Metsafil this morning so thought I'd share some comparison photos. The replacement suspension arm is definitely beefier than the original. It also seems well made, all dimensions are spot on, the holes for the hinges are aligned and all holes are perfectly sized and tapped where appropriate. From the texture it looks 3D printed and I'm waiting to hear back to see if they can tell me what it's made from.

The replacement turnbuckle seems well made but, given that most probably fail at the narrowest point (where the thread is) I'm doubtful that it will be much stronger. I think they would have been better off making custom rod ends that can accept a thicker screw rather than making it compatible with the stock rod ends (which then limits the screw diameter). That being said, maybe it's made from stronger metal and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also attaching a photo of the HD suspension arms mounted on the XT (without suspension fitted as I've got some cheap all-aluminum suspension arriving any day now that I hope will fit).   

20210215_093643b.jpg

20210215_085138b.jpg

20210215_084700b.jpg

20210215_084744b.jpg

It seems, that my V2 is close to their design 🙂

E99E3B1F-400B-4895-B827-788BD2B9E86C.jpeg

7 hours ago, Loboo said:

It seems, that my V2 is close to their design 🙂

It's looking good. Nice and beefy. How did you get on with V1? Did you try running it?

Now you've just got to figure out a way of 3D printing durable axles😉 I had another axle failure again today. 

11 hours ago, foxycub said:

From the texture it looks 3D printed and I'm waiting to hear back to see if they can tell me what it's made from.

I stand corrected on this. They didn't say what plastic they make it from but they did confirm that it's made on a CNC machine, so it's not3D printed. 

20 hours ago, foxycub said:

20210215_093643b.jpg

20210215_085138b.jpg

20210215_084700b.jpg

20210215_084744b.jpg

Have you got a link to where you got these parts please? and just having a think about this problem, it seems this truck ships out with very think/heavy shock oil, a lot of youtubers suggest going to a 70wt oil, i wonder if the lighter oil would help reduce the arms breaking by allowing the shocks to absorb more impact

Edited by Jack Reacher