• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just acquired a Mad Bull

gunja99

11 minutes ago, gunja99 said:

Need to make an order this week, so will try again to get the right kind of Lipo to fit the stick format...

See how I did with mine using Overlander 4200mAh 2S 7.4v 55C LiPo battery. (Page 3)

Edited by Tony
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

See how I did with mine using Overlander 4200mAh 2S 7.4v 55C LiPo battery. (Page 3)

That's great, however mine didn't come with a holder at all on the end there (assume lost years ago), so I "made" my own with my first ever dremel job from a coat hanger, lol! Looks quite similar shape. It's the actualy batteries, not had, so will look into that over lander :) Cheers for that :)

Edited by gunja99

1 hour ago, gunja99 said:

Lol, and I'[m just using 3000mAh 7.2V NiMah! Not found the 2S's that'll fit the bay yet.... grrr... Need to make an order this week, so will try again to get the right kind of Lipo to fit the stick format...

Good luck, I think you need in tamiya style to fit but it's a limited choice. 

I have some 4000mah 3s batts from an old quad, never been used. I think I'm going buy replacements parts for bull so I can modify them to fit big oblong lipos. 

I use these in my Tamyia cars/trucks like the TT01e and Pumpkin/Lunchbox Pumpkin/Lunch box i think have very similar battery tray to Viper/Mad Bull

We did try 5000mah in them but they are more square batteries and didnt fit but the 4000 is rounded at sides 🍻

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/gens-ace-lipo-2s-pack-7-4v-4000-50c-deans-plug/rc-car-products/444355