• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New guy here needing help

PMNicola

Hi All,

My name is Paul I'm new to this whole RC thing so please forgive the questions if you think they are stupid remember there was a time Vaughan could not paint.

I bought a 1980's QD Monster Beetle but when I put new batteries in the controller and the car (The batteries I was using were brand new Energiser ultimate max) it wont run, let me elaborate.

The steering clicks and does turn slow a couple of times then stops working, the rear wheels dont have enough power to turn. I tested the batteries and was getting 11 volts from them. I removed the motor and put 12 volts through it, the motor spun up perfect. When I attached the charger (I know I was not using rechargeable batteries but never mind) after a few minuets I had enough power to make the back wheels turn slow and build up speed but if you put it down it did not move at all

Can anyone suggest my next step?

Do I require some special batteries?

Thanks for the help

Paul

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

got any pics off under the hood?  :)

just wanna see what battery you are using and the other electronics, more info we have more we can help  :)

just not sure what batteries you are trying to power the motor with,  do you have something like this? https://www.modelsport.co.uk/enrich-power-3000mah-7-2v-sport-stick-pack/rc-car-products/389536

old models will take 4 double a's just for the radio gear and will need a battery like the above to power the motor.

might be out the ball park here and you could grab one of these along with the battery i mentioned above https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-waterproof-esc-sbec/rc-car-products/404964

meh im very drunk :P

you arent trying to power the model with double a's are you? double a's are for radio gear only.

Edited by Yrkoon

Here are a few pictures underneath. I have been using AA as that is what it states in it check out these pictures. The last picture is from the inside of the battery case it says um-3.

20200817_072111.jpg

20200817_072123.jpg

20200817_072202.jpg

20200817_072218.jpg

Paul

Edited by PMNicola
Spacing was off

On 15/08/2020 at 20:05, Stormbringer said:

Hi and welcome to the forum 🍻

You may need to use rechargeable batteries in the car 

Thanks for the advice. One set of rechargable batteries later and it is running like it just come out the box.

Your a stay Stormbringer 

• Like 1