• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spur gear spring

Bushmonkey

Hi all. Currently building my car but have an issue with my spur gear spring. Guide states to tighten until the shaft is 2mm out of nut, but when it gets this tight, I get wobble. 1mm and basicly no wobble

Without the spring it's perfect so it's not a bent shaft.

20200630_160621.jpg

20200630_160839.jpg

Dodgy spring maybe?

Edited by Bushmonkey

Those are just ballpark instructions to get it to a point where you can run the cars and start adjusting it. My personal preference is to tighten it fully so its locked solid and no slippage then back off the nut half a turn nf do a full throttle launch , it'll probably wheelie so back it off another half a turn and repeat until it barely wheelies but doesn't audibly slip. I looks like there's sand paper in there instead of slipper pads so it'll tend to wheelie no matter what setting.

• Thanks 1

Side to side movement is far from ideal but we're dealing with plastic parts and some companies have large tolerances which are acceptable. Gernrerally a gear will find its own path, as long as the mesh doesn't change it should run fins dor a while. Stock up on spare spur gears just in case.