• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another SCX 10 II Raw Builder’s Kit build

I was looking at them internal shocks for my scx10 but they seemed to have less travel than the stock shocks. They were listed as having 19mm travel vs 28mm travel on the stock shocks. I do like the look of them though, can you measure the travel please?

I’ve got them set up with the short & medium length springs either side of the damper piston, so 19mm is about right. The shorter springs keeps the travel distance down.
You can change that to a single long internal spring in the main shock body - that’ll give you more travel & you get soft, medium & hard springs for each size, so plenty of fine tuning can be done.
I’m happy with it so far - just finished the installation & only whizzed round the garden.

b12c8a4c1225cb824290cb118734fa15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

As a newb (first kit yet to arrive) I found the link to the axle greasing most informative. Could someone please offer some advice on whether there are better greases and other lubes that would suit my Tamiya CR 10 build. I'd also be grateful for best sources of items such as alternative wheels and tyres.

Many thanks in anticipation

BTW there's a terrific build of a CR 10 chassis on the Tamiya forum (no I've not joined)