• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help with MFC 03

Well got my new battery this morning plug it in and all i am getting is a continuous beeping and the hazard lights flashing no controls are working and the servos do not twitch when the power is put on.

must add have not fully charged the battery this maybe my rookie mistake.

before i started the build i tested it and it worked now nothing.

please excuse the mess of the cables these are to be tided when its all functioning

Regards

Daniel

IMG_0659[1].JPG

Edited by Overkill

So do you know the voltage of the battery currently? 

It looks like a "Shorty" sized 2S Lipo with 4mm bullets into your Tamiya connector? The MFC-03 does not have a Lipo low voltage cut off, so while it may appear to be on, the usable voltage maybe way too lay. The lowest you want to see a 2S Lipo is 3v per cell or 6v overall depending on how your charger displays it. If you have a Lipo balance charger, i'd suggest charging it at 5 or 6 amps on a balance charge and wait for that to finish. You will see a maximum of 4.2v per cell, or 8.40v total.

While that is charging/been checked, id thoroughly recommend watching some of Terri Wildes vidoes for configuring the MFC-03 in terms of whats plug in where, calibrating the system to your radio and what functions do what.

A side note, does your radio have a 'digital' screen that allows you to change 'Dual rates' and various other settings? You will need to set the 'End Points' of your radio to 80% for "0" on certain channels and then flick a switch to enable 100% travel for the extra functions, again, Watch Terri Wildes videos on YouTube, she has loads of handy short videos which may help you trouble shoot.

Additionally, try some of the Tamiya Truck Facebook groups if your're on there, if not i'd also suggest trying here for advice: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/forum/49-big-rigs-and-scale-armour/

Terri Wildes YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQGC3gDGvhaj4_fGgbFQfkA/videos (Look for ones about the MFC-03. There are also other guides on there how to setup certain radios etc.)

Don't lose hope, once you have your head around it, it's pretty simple system and works great.

I built a Ford Aeromax myself a few months back:

00100tr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST202003241523 00100tr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST202003241522 IMG-20200402-203209.jpg

Edited by Derka

Hi Derka.

Thank you for the information.

Going to charger the battery and leave it until its fully charged (hopefully that was my mistake). No my radio does not have a screen its a bit basic (Photo attached). I will most certainly check the videos out. Its so frustrating taken a while to get to this stage was hoping for it to run smoothly oh well. I must add when i run it in demo mode the hazards work so do the rear tail lights and all the lights fitted to the front work with the 2 main beam flickering slightly.

Cheers

Daniel

IMG_0657[1].JPG

So do you know the voltage of the battery currently? 

It looks like a "Shorty" sized 2S Lipo with 4mm bullets into your Tamiya connector? The MFC-03 does not have a Lipo low voltage cut off, so while it may appear to be on, the usable voltage maybe way too lay. The lowest you want to see a 2S Lipo is 3v per cell or 6v overall depending on how your charger displays it. If you have a Lipo balance charger, i'd suggest charging it at 5 or 6 amps on a balance charge and wait for that to finish. You will see a maximum of 4.2v per cell, or 8.40v total.

While that is charging/been checked, id thoroughly recommend watching some of Terri Wildes vidoes for configuring the MFC-03 in terms of whats plug in where, calibrating the system to your radio and what functions do what.

A side note, does your radio have a 'digital' screen that allows you to change 'Dual rates' and various other settings? You will need to set the 'End Points' of your radio to 80% for "0" on certain channels and then flick a switch to enable 100% travel for the extra functions, again, Watch Terri Wildes videos on YouTube, she has loads of handy short videos which may help you trouble shoot.

Additionally, try some of the Tamiya Truck Facebook groups if your're on there, if not i'd also suggest trying here for advice: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/forum/49-big-rigs-and-scale-armour/

Terri Wildes YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQGC3gDGvhaj4_fGgbFQfkA/videos (Look for ones about the MFC-03. There are also other guides on there how to setup certain radios etc.)

Don't lose hope, once you have your head around it, it's pretty simple system and works great.

I built a Ford Aeromax myself a few months back:

00100tr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200324152312406-COVER-1.jpg 00100tr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200324152217556-COVER-1.jpg IMG-20200402-203209.jpg

Well I never, if you click on the second clip in the list of videos snowman running at Ribble valley layland right in the middle is my truck with my 2A6 on the trailer and me in the hat.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Sorry been about for a while what with work moving and the general daily grind not had much time for the truck.

but got it back out again tonight and I have a question I have had trouble setting up the lights and sound just so happens today one of my jobs was out a model shop so I asked the bloke inside and he said I should get the futaba attack  4ywd 2.4g transmitter. Question I have what I have seen of the futaba is it is only 4 channel would this allow me to have all the light and sounds working and any added lights to work. My current one as pictured above is 8 channel. Any help would be appreciated trying to get pasted this issue so I can finally get it finished and lacquered. Then it’s on to the trailers.

Ive handled a Futaba 4ywd/MFC 03 on a truck, and you could start it by dropping the steering channel stick, and use the upward direction to flash the lights and sound the horn.  Im pulling atruck apart and rebuilding it, and the MFC is witchcraft 🤣 Are these any help?

https://youtu.be/VeJ6C0CnrkE

https://youtu.be/tbyiBTIBCHc