• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New guy saying hello!

Just a quick hello from myself, finding a lot of time on my hands these days now that I'm working from home so I'm in the process of deciding what new toy I need to treat myself to. I used to race RC buggies a very long time ago at a brilliant club in Macclesfield - Macctrak, before it burned down with my Schumacher Top Cat & Kyosho Optima Mid. Seems that things have moved on in the last 20 years so I'm well out of touch!

I'm looking at a few different nitro buggy's; HPI Trophy, Kyosho Inferno Neo or HoBao Hyper 7 but if I'm honest, I've not a clue what the differences are or which is the best.

I'm also looking at the FTX Carnage for my 8yo son to start with.

Any advice is appreciated, its difficult to buy without talking to the experts in the shop, gutted that Modelsport is currently closed without telephone support as I'd give them a call to discuss the various options open to me, I'll probably have to wait for the shops to open so I can pop down there & get some face to face advice.