• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vintage Hobao Hyper 10 Rebuild.

hicks451

Hi all.

I just wanted to share my vintage Hobao Hyper 10 Touring car rebuild. It's taken me quite a few years to finally get her completed but i am pleased to say that i finally have done it. It only cost me 20 pounds on Ebay and the first four pictures are from the seller and the rest are the different stages as i sourced the parts needed to get her back in to running condition. I have also managed to get a donor car for twenty five pounds as well as plenty of other spares so i am hoping to get her to my local track once the covid 19 lockdown has been lifted.

I hope you like what you see and i will post more updated pictures once i put her back together again after stripping her down to fill the diffs and shocks with new oils and i am also in the middle of spraying a BTCC Volvo 850 Saloon shell but need to do some adjustments on the camber as well as get some 4mm wheel hex to get the 190mm shell to fit perfectly.

If anyone else needs any help with a Hyper 10 Touring car rebuild then drop me a line and i will be more than happy to help them out the best i can.

All the best.

Hobao hyper 10 before 3.jpg

Hobao hyper 10 before 4.jpg

Hobao Hyper 10 first bought.jpg

Hobao hyper10 before 5.jpg

Edited by hicks451

This was the second stage of the rebuild after finally getting a small amount of parts to get her complete as well as restoring the wheel and spraying the tuned pipe.

108_0698.jpg

108_0702.jpg

108_0704.jpg

108_0705.jpg

108_0707.jpg

Edited by hicks451

Here are some of the pictures just before i added the latest parts that i ordered as well as a new fuel tank and engine. I also decided to use a spare RC heli Spektrum reciever that i had lying around as it fitted much better than the old style crystal recivers i had  and also installed a mini fail safe and converted the reciever box so i could access it without having to take everything apart if i ever loose connection and need to re set everything.

next doors photo's 115.JPG

next doors photo's 116.JPG

next doors photo's 117.JPG

next doors photo's 118.JPG

next doors photo's 129.JPG

next doors photo's 133.JPG

Edited by hicks451
  • Like 1

If anyone has any cheap spares for the Hobao Hyper 10 that they want to sell then please drop me a line and i will reply asap.

Edited by hicks451

I have gone and bought some 5000 and 7000 diff oil and some 35wt and 40wt shock oil so i am just waiting for them to be delivered and then i will rebuild the whole car and post some pictures of her complete with the BTCC Volvo 850 Saloon shell that i bought from L&L models.

Edited by hicks451

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks DanFlux. Really appreciate the comment and kind words mate. I will post a few more pictures once i have added the Diff and shock oils and completely built her up again. I also have to add the belt tentioners and hop ups as well as get some pictures of her shell once that is finished as well. Take care mate and thanks again. All the best. Bows

• Like 1

• 1 month later...