• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New FTX Outlaw owner from Fife

SGG

Hi guys

I bought an Outlaw at the end of April.  It's been good fun so far - nothing too major to fix, although have really only been driving around the back garden! 

I like a little project, so have done a few upgrades, mainly to get to know the workings of the car.  I have learnt that Locktite is your friend!!!!   I'm running a 2S lipo,  and am planning on upgrading the ESC / converting to brushless in the near future.

Hoping to get lots of advice from this forum, certainly have had some interesting reading so far!

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2

Drop the battery tray onto the top of the spur gear cover. That does wonders.  If you go brushless, get a steel rear drive shaft ( the one that goes from the gearbox to the rear differential) & locktite EVERY screw & grubscrew.  Otherwise that's the only mods that need doing 😊.  & Welcome to the weird world of msuk 😁

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nick said:

Welcome to the forum Steve... :) If you've not gone brushless yet, there is no turning back, huge increase in performance!

Cheers Nick.  Not gone brushless yet, any tips for what to buy? 👍

13 hours ago, Snfu said:

Drop the battery tray onto the top of the spur gear cover. That does wonders.  If you go brushless, get a steel rear drive shaft ( the one that goes from the gearbox to the rear differential) & locktite EVERY screw & grubscrew.  Otherwise that's the only mods that need doing 😊.  & Welcome to the weird world of msuk 😁

Cheers mate.  I've got the steel CVD shaft and swapped out the spur and pinion for the RW equivalents in readiness for BL.  Any tips for which  setup to go for though?

Was going to stick to 2s at the moment and not really sure about budget, maybe something good value that works well, rather than something too serious and expensive...