• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas E Maxx Beetle.

yoodoo

Traxxas E Maxx Custom build.

This has been made up of 95% brand new parts.

Chassis,gearbox,all RPM,motor,esc,tyres,wheels,diff's,steering,etc.

I wanted a near bomb proof E Maxx so I tried to get the toughest parts going without going over the top.
It uses a single used but great HiTec MG servo with alloy arm.
Alloy front hubs.
RPM towers,arms,rear hubs,bulk spacers,body posts.
New bearings throughout.
Slipper.
It uses a Hobbywing 100 AMP esc capable of 3-4s.
Hobbyking BSR Basher brushless motor.
Trick diff cases. (H&G I think)
Rear alloy USA ACNC made bulk at the rear for strength and standard Traxxas in the front.
Battery has been relocated at the rear in HK tray with velcro straps.
Sealed receiver box.
There are six Traxxas shock on this with two other non Traxxas as this was the best set up I thought for the weight and balance of the truck.

To answer a question from another  member. The reason that the rear hubs are RPM and not alloy is that they are "TRUE TRACK" and you cannot buy alloy RPM or any other brand that are "TRUE TRACK"

I have driven this truck three times (once in the video) and its a wheelie monster! I have had to set the clutch to slip a bit as the front wheels wouldn't stay on the floor!

The body is a Proline Beetle thats battered but good for bashing (MYDODDY painted it) and If I find a Traxxas one I'll throw that has been bashed as well.

Look at the condition , it really hasn't had that much use as you can tell.
The rear alloy skid has been cut down by me as I was going to fit a wheelie bar but got let down on the deal.
There is two small slots I made in the chassis(last picture) to hold th ESC down with.
I am sending this out as an RTR. Brand new Spektrum RX/TX and a 4s 4000 milli battery, you will need a charger though but I'm sure you lads have one.

This cost me a fair few quid to build so  price reflects that. Here is a quick video at half to 3/4 throttle. I was restricted to space because of the lockdown but this will give you and idea.

I'd like £350.00 for it but always open to sensible offers. Post plus PP fee's please.

DSC-0050.jpg
DSC-0051.jpg
DSC-0052.jpg
DSC-0053.jpg
DSC-0054.jpg
DSC-0054.jpg
DSC-0055.jpg
DSC-0056.jpg
DSC-0057.jpg
DSC-0060.jpg
DSC-0061.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would you take 300 all in WITHOUT the battery and radio system?  

Can I ask if it would be relatively simple to convert back to twin side mounted batteries if desired?

I think you might be in my Facebook group for the Bruiser knockoff? I'm sure there's a Groot in there lol.

Sorry , trying yo write tomorrow seminars out.Yesn, so you want £300 . I think the best way for both os to split fairs and costs. I'd say £310 pst with fees included. Can't get a better deal ther.

I'm Fullu] 100% on here and !00% on ebay....

Up to you bud , I dont need the onet nor teh space theta re just sittng there.

Regards

JAMES

Sounds fair to me. I'll sleep on it and let you know fella.

Do you happen to still have the parts needed for mounting twin batteries? 

I'm definitely interested but I'm just trying to find out how much work would be involved in restoring the stock battery mounting locations and do you happen to have the old parts for that?

Also, which wheelie bar were you intending to fit that required the skid plate to be trimmed?

Edited by nowinaminute

Hi

sorry about thee lte reply but I have had a hell od a lot on at the moment. There are no spares for the old battery tray but the one on it is the Losi type that will take 4s.

The wheelie bar was a customer made job but the bloke let me down on the sale. You can just add a normal skid plate though.

Regards

JAMES.

35 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

Hi

sorry about thee lte reply but I have had a hell od a lot on at the moment. There are no spares for the old battery tray but the one on it is the Losi type that will take 4s.

The wheelie bar was a customer made job but the bloke let me down on the sale. You can just add a normal skid plate though.

Regards

JAMES.

Ok no worries, I'm sure I could get the parts cheap enough if I ever wanted to change it back.

I will PM you