• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hellhorn herja chassis development journey

Hell horn.

Been adjusting it again. More making a massive mess. Ha. 

Only part I'm still not keen on is the rear shock mounts. Still looks wrong. But I think half because I'm using shocks that are way to long.  Might get some cheap 90mm ones to test fit before try and find some 2660 shocks. 

IMG_20210411_142851.jpg

• Like 1

Like I said on txt, the DE shop will have them back in stock late April.... 

But yeah, you’ll be fighting geo with shocks that long buddy.... So you not still have the bully shocks? ( if you sold it with your 2660s)... 

• Like 1

So even more messing around with it. Even closer to being spot on.  Flipped rear axle over so the drive shaft clears the links at full drop. All works well now. Rear shock mounts are sorted. Looks nice now. Tempted to see if I can find a. Centre rear axle for it. See how that works on it.  Might be better then the ar60s off set. Getting there with it now. Next version will have slightly different rear link mount points to work better. 

So then. Updated the chassis style. Forward motor mount now.  

Love the general look now. And the feel of it. But got to make a few changes to it still. Next version we will getting very close to being finished I think. Then I can get some nice shinny parts for it .  Custom links needed for the rear end. Need to make a new sump for it. And finish of the shock mounts as I'm not 100% on how they are now. 

IMG_20210417_162452_edit_12543361137668.jpg

• Like 1

Made a battery mount for it tonight.  Its a dig servo mount from a capra.  Works spot on.  Small bit of carbon bolted to it. 

Just need to counter sink the holes now.  

IMG_20210417_214154.jpg

IMG_20210417_213104.jpg

IMG_20210417_213111.jpg

• Like 2

Right.  More progress on my chassis project.  Remade the front shock mounts. Much better this time. Getting very close to this being finished now. Almost time to test it out. 

Temp links made up. Work well. General look of the chassis sorted.  Got to mess with front axle roll still to get it right. 

IMG_20210421_111352.jpg

IMG_20210421_111340.jpg

IMG_20210421_111324.jpg

• Like 1

Closer closer closer. Almost so almost right.  Need the few bits to arrive so I can test it.  

Redid the front shock mounts. Best ones yet.  Slight tweeks  needed on the chassis and sump. Need my parts being delivered now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Once it's sorted.  I could possibly make a second chassis for testing purposes.  For a small fee if say £5000 to cover basic costs. Lol.  

At that price I'll take two please!!!! 🤣

• Haha 2

Right thats it.  People have seen. You have agreed to buy 2 chassis. You now owe me £10k. I will message you my PayPal details.  

Seriously. If this even works and is usable. I'd be happy to make a couple more.   You supply the hamburger for yourself.  As no idea if it would work with any other gearbox. 

• Haha 1

And more done. This time front shock mounts. Finished.  Tomorrow it's time for rear ones to be redone.  And then see about the Main chassis redone to.  Used an old chassis to get shock mount holes lined up. Getting there 

IMG_20210428_180137.jpg

IMG_20210428_180036.jpg

On 01/05/2021 at 19:03, Hell horn. said:

Set the scene.   It's dark.  There is a storm.  Lightning cracks. The wind is blowing. 

Its alive.  Its alive.  

Had a test run. Car drives OK. All as it should.  Time to tidy up wires and stuff. Then try it out tomorrow 

IMG_20210501_190209.jpg

It looks good!

I like the way how it is devouring those innocent plastic toys below 😈

But are those still your long shocks???