• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kits? Anything like the old Rock rey kit on the market?

Dobbsie

I'm a bit gutted that they discontinued the Rock Rey kit, it would be perfect as I have bought a ESC/motor combo for the lads FTX Outlaw (which I want to replace)

Is thee anything like that around now? Or does anyone know of any shops which have or might have one of the Losi RR kits?

Thanks!

I think you have to be lucky they are discontuned for some time,  I was lucky one has poped up lost month for 250 euro, I bought it with out thinking, I ordered a castle 1415 2400kv for it and a hobbywing max 10 sct esc and a power hd servo, I waiting for the parts to arrive then I can start building it.

Good luck finding one.

Edited by No brains

10 minutes ago, Dobbsie said:

Yeah, that's my fear too. Great work getting one yourself though, enjoy it buddy. Was that from ebay?

no I got it from www. lindinger.at, I bought some cars  from them, sometimes they have good deals on cars bought a tamiya bullhead for 170 euro from them to.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1

The Yeti kit is similar, in terms of what it's designed to do.

The problem with Losi and most Horizon products is they discontinue stuff a lot, parts support then dries up too.

I realise Axial are now owned by Horizon, but Axial was such a long established brand before Horizon bought them, parts support should go on forever.

@No brains - is shipping free from that site?

I am looking at some stuff now, a little over 300 euros, and the price isn't changing when selecting shipping, theirs no prices or references to it anywhere?

Edited by Oh How Original

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

The Yeti kit is similar, in terms of what it's designed to do.

The problem with Losi and most Horizon products is they discontinue stuff a lot, parts support then dries up too.

I realise Axial are now owned by Horizon, but Axial was such a long established brand before Horizon bought them, parts support should go on forever.

@No brains - is shipping free from that site?

I am looking at some stuff now, a little over 300 euros, and the price isn't changing when selecting shipping, theirs no prices or references to it anywhere?

shipping in europe is 9.99 euro and above 199 euro it is free shipping.

they still sell the rock rey and parts are  easy to get, I bought a hot racing third member and 3 exotec aloy diff cases and an ssd front bulkhead from rc mart.

17 minutes ago, mond said:

I'm considering selling my Rock Rey if used is of some interest? As a car its very good fun but as a kit it's horrible. I did a build thread about two years ago.

what was horrible as kit, I like to know wat is wrong with it.

8 minutes ago, No brains said:

shipping in europe is 9.99 euro and above 199 euro it is free shipping.

they still sell the rock rey and parts are  easy to get, I bought a hot racing third member and 3 exotec aloy diff cases and an ssd front bulkhead from rc mart.

Thank you for that, so I'd save about £60 buying a TRX4 from them, that's a hell of a nice saving.

21 minutes ago, No brains said:

what was horrible as kit, I like to know wat is wrong with it.

It's very, very strong but because of that very hard to work on. To get to two of the diffs requires almost complete disassembly of the car. I've never had any problems with mine but I don't look forward to the day I have to change all the bearings.

7 hours ago, mond said:

I'm considering selling my Rock Rey if used is of some interest? As a car its very good fun but as a kit it's horrible. I did a build thread about two years ago.

Yes, I enjoyed your posts on there during my research. I could be interested, are you able to post some pictures of it's current condition and let me know what kind of price you'd be looking for please?

16 hours ago, Dobbsie said:

Yes, I enjoyed your posts on there during my research. I could be interested, are you able to post some pictures of it's current condition and let me know what kind of price you'd be looking for please?

Sure, it needs clean but can do that for you. May not be until the weekend. It's exactly the same build as in the thread but now has black aluminium panels and the original shocks. Will clean and photograph. 

6 hours ago, mond said:

Sure, it needs clean but can do that for you. May not be until the weekend. It's exactly the same build as in the thread but now has black aluminium panels and the original shocks. Will clean and photograph. 

Sounds great. I have been offered another RC car in the meantime so could you give me an indication of your price please?

I don't necessarily need a motor/ESC, but pretty flexible really.

4 hours ago, Dobbsie said:

Sounds great. I have been offered another RC car in the meantime so could you give me an indication of your price please?

I don't necessarily need a motor/ESC, but pretty flexible really.

Will give it some thought and look at the going rate for the parts etc.  I've got a bunch of stuff to sell so will take stock on Saturday.

Edited by mond

• 3 weeks later...

Would you want the ESC, Motor and Servo with it? It's a Mamba X with a Castle 2400kv and a Savox waterproof servo. 

I'd be happy to hear a price with and without if that's ok with you?

Edited by Dobbsie