• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New User - What fuel grade?

Daz Jb

Hi all,

Just been given an old nitro Hot Bodies Lightning GT so took the opportunity to get myself and my son into the hobby and look to upgrade to something else later on if we stick at it. It's in good condition and has had a new engine not so long ago.

I've got everything ready to start it up but just wondering what percentage grade fuel should I look at putting in?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

620adcce1287e4360e56a1374d9ff5f8.jpg54d18f3f94da8cd2c0401226f51605c5.jpgc3f2922b761c2862fc8bba24377d5e0c.jpg

As said, 25% is a good go-to. I always rated Byrons, but Trump's tax has made it very expensive, so much so that it can be quite tricky to get in the UK now - most UK shops are selling off their current stock then that's it. 

Optifuel Race is a good alternative, the race blend is more consistent than the "RTR" blend. I'm using Piranha 25% in my race buggy at the moment and seems decent.