• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help identifying kyosho off road nitro

Asdafg

i honestly dont think its a kyosho. ive been scouring the discontinued section of the kyosho website and ive seen nothing that even remotely resembles this chassis. if you give the chassis a deep clean (you can use soapy water, muc off bike cleaner, or any other light detergent to clean it off safely, just clean the engine with a brass wire brush and nitro fuel) and try find some identifying markers like model name, or some form of manufacturer branding. it will help 

*edit - also some pictures on better angles would be awesome

Edited by CattoCattoExo

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Asdafg said:

Thanks for info, anyone know any recommendations for suppliers getting bits for it? 

theres some parts on ebay.

youll be best off, trying to find and download, an exploded schematic diagram of the model, with highlighted part numbers, so you can find what your looking for.

worst case scenario, and theres no bits left in the world, you can buy similar sized parts from other cars, and make them fit

i think its a sandmaster rav-4

thats the only sandmaster model i can find, that uses those over lapping tread tyres, and it also has the medium length body shell mounts too, which the rev-4 looks like it uses.

no body risers on the buggy, and extra long ones, for the monster truck.

link with some info, for you :

https://www.rcscrapyard.net/au/kyosho-rav-4.htm

it looks like they made several models, using the same platform, the ST, ST-2, mk.2 and Rav-4 , maybe some others as well

Edited by Inferno-Chris
extra info