• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brake problem

Jo Or

What ESC do you have? It sounds like the drag brake is activated which you'll need to turn off. Maybe remove the motor pinion and see if the car freewheels then? If it still doesn't then check that there's nothing binding against any of the moving drivetrain parts.

That's the transmitter.

If you open your car, you see the motor - and from the motor, there's wires going to a small box. That's the electronic speed controller (ESC), and depending on which one you have, you can adjust certain settings. One of which would be the drag brake. What ESC do you have?

Edited by m4inbrain

3 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

You can see in the last pic that it's set to crawler mode, so it'll have drag brake enabled.

That's correct. You have to jumper it to "boat mode". Currently it's set to have Forward/Reverse, "boat mode" has Forward/Brake/Reverse.

edit: for reference

https://www.redcatracing.com/manuals/HW-WP-1040-Brushed.pdf

That's the manual for the ESC.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

if i were you, id do the smart thing, and upgrade to brushless motor and esc with lipo batteries. i was hesitant at first but after seeing the difference between brushed on nimh, brushed on lipo, and brushless on lipo, im glad i went brushless on lipo. it makes a world of difference and your RC will feel so much quicker, and with the grippy tyres, you can bet it'll go like stink !! 

Cattocatto, I'm gonna set it up for drift but just not had the time to do so as working away, but I will get a brushless soon and new esc. Thanks 
Have a look on hobby King you can find some good deals I got a Turnigy brushless with 80amp esc with a program board for £40

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk