• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best petrol rc car?

xXDjrouseXx

55 minutes ago, xXDjrouseXx said:

I’m just looking for the fastest petrol rc car out there I’ve looked at a couple brands I I like Baja but I’m not sure ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastest? Speed doesn't make you a good driver. Being able to negotiate bends, straights, jumps bumps and ruts is what makes a winning driver. You can have the "fastest" car on the track but unless you can drive then having the fastest car there is only going to slow you down. You get speed from RCs by upgrading engine parts and exhaust systems , it also helps if you fit quality bearings and radio system and know how to tune the motor correctly and like I said above.... Being able to control the RC is what wins races.

Fastest? Speed doesn't make you a good driver. Being able to negotiate bends, straights, jumps bumps and ruts is what makes a winning driver. You can have the "fastest" car on the track but unless you can drive then having the fastest car there is only going to slow you down. You get speed from RCs by upgrading engine parts and exhaust systems , it also helps if you fit quality bearings and radio system and know how to tune the motor correctly and like I said above.... Being able to control the RC is what wins races.

I know I’m not looking to race I’m looking for straight line speed tbh and thank you I will take on on board your advice

1 minute ago, xXDjrouseXx said:

I know I’m not looking to race I’m looking for straight line speed tbh and thank you I will take on on board your advice

You said in your earlier post you'd been looking into tracks in South Yorkshire? One would assume that you're looking to race as that is what they do at tracks.

12 hours ago, xXDjrouseXx said:

Maybe not hat expensive ahah maybe the fastest for a moderate amount emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'd buy a KM Baja and then get a G320 off eBay and a good pipe like a DDM dominator. 

• Like 1

Damnnn thank you

Avoid the Rovan, not only will shipping be expensive, so will import duties and it'll be weaker and worse than a KM Baja you can pick up from Blackburn or get delivered from RCModelz.

Would also avoid the G320, the G290 is more suited to a Baja, it revs higher and the G320 is really designed for torque and 4wd vehicles.

Ran many different engines in Bajas over the years and my favourite combo is a G290 with a V2 Dominator.

18/56 gearing for a little more top end, job done :) 

Here's my old set up popping wheelies for fun, but wheelies are very overrated.

Avoid the Rovan, not only will shipping be expensive, so will import duties and it'll be weaker and worse than a KM Baja you can pick up from Blackburn or get delivered from RCModelz.
Would also avoid the G320, the G290 is more suited to a Baja, it revs higher and the G320 is really designed for torque and 4wd vehicles.
Ran many different engines in Bajas over the years and my favourite combo is a G290 with a V2 Dominator.
18/56 gearing for a little more top end, job done [emoji4] 

Ahaha thank you so much aha

9 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

18/56 gearing for a little more top end, job done :) 

I only mentioned the G320 as they often appear on eBay on the cheap after being taken out of brand new 5ives.

16 hours ago, mond said:

I only mentioned the G320 as they often appear on eBay on the cheap after being taken out of brand new 5ives.

Good call for sure, but if he's putting it into a Baja, it'll then require different clutch housing as well, so it's more work and more expense.

A cracking deal could potentially be had on Black Friday from DDM though, some years ago now, about 4 I think, I got a G290 ith a V2 Dom brand new for £198, including shipping and import duty, it arrived in 3 days as well.

That's worth watching out for @xXDjrouseXx 

• Like 1