• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MCD racing 5th generation

Kukynas

I will try the jx you suggested because i was going to order some ball bearings for my tank from banggood either way. I m gonna run it on 6.0v though,too bored to mess with becs etc.

I just cut the rear windows,cut below the roof scoop and made holes on the rear wind shield.It doesnt look bad and you cant even see them apart from the windows.I will upload some photos tomorrow

• 3 months later...

Hey, I'm looking at possibly getting a MCD W5 so I can take part in racing however the lack of community on FB around MCD and lack of YouTube videos doesn't exactly inspire confidence in shelling out so much money on a prouduct. Is there some sory of secret place where all the MCD owners conversate and share advice and ideas?

Not idea, I don’t have FB account so can’t comment but I would expect most of the MCD stuff would be on regional basis in racing clubs

if you have any questions regarding MCD you can of course ask here but I don’t race so won’t be able to help with racing specific questions

you may check your nearest large scale racing club and ask where people usually discuss everything around their cars 

6 hours ago, Bane said:

Hey, I'm looking at possibly getting a MCD W5 so I can take part in racing however the lack of community on FB around MCD and lack of YouTube videos doesn't exactly inspire confidence in shelling out so much money on a prouduct. Is there some sory of secret place where all the MCD owners conversate and share advice and ideas?

Have a look on here to find your local track..............https://www.brca.org/sections/large-scale-off-road Pop along when they have a meeting and the MCD guys will be happy to talk to you . 

On 06/09/2020 at 18:44, Kukynas said:

btw. @Ocdcbr has couple of MCDs (not w5 but couple of RR5s) currently so you might also check with him, his YT channel over here https://www.youtube.com/user/maxNluca/videos

Couldn't find any racing set ups on that channel just a bunch of very expensive MCD's to go back and forth on grass.

• 1 year later...

no UK shops stocking MCD stuff these days. Market is small... Really you are stuck with the importers: https://www.kingcobra.co.uk/petrol-rc-cars

Haven;t owned or run one for a number of years, and back then....the only stockist was Rossendale Models, and they were basically, from what I gathered, the importers as well then. Great cars to drive...but utter money pits.