• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tekno Mt410 - Resurrection - Warning Contains Upgraded Vehicle :-)

YetiScore83

The strip down went smoothly, a few awkward screws but got the job done. 

First decision...all screws, bolts and bearings are being binned. I would think they are from the original build, around 5% had dodgy heads, another 10% would bent in some way. Bearings... A mixed bag. 

Apart from that.. Chassis, inner trays, bumpers, battery straps, hinge pins, hinge pin holders, body mounts, skids all to the bin. 

I also sold off 2 of the M2c braces the centre and rear horizontal brace. 

Screenshot_20190723_144137.jpg

• Like 3

Future plans..

Strip and rebuild all diffs.. Going with 100k front, 500k centre and 60k rear oils. 

Strip and rebuild shocks.. Using Mugen Seiki 800w and Tekno Orange Springs 

Hopfully by then, the parts on order for the rebuild will be here. 

@bix hope I do you proud fella 👍

• Like 1

I’m really pleased this has found a good home and will be looked after properly now!

They are such great fun these rigs and with the right spec (which i already sorted 😜) they are tough as nails.

Cant wait to watch the progress getting this back to its former glory 😊

If you get it looking like the picture below when I first built you’ll be a very happy chap!

5-C12-FBFE-FE5-E-487-D-AFFA-A4-F8-D58260

Looks absolutely fantatsic mate, I hope to get close to it... With a few alterations 👍

Not going to give the spec away yet, going to release as it builds to keep the suspense 😜

Let's just say I'm on first name terms with all the local delivery reps though now 😂

I guess one little teaser won't hurt... 

New boots are here 😎

IMG-20190720-WA0023.jpeg

9 hours ago, YetiScore83 said:

Very nice @mydoddy69 I must admit I didn't see that one Come up in the classifieds 🤔

Is that a 1515 castle... Looks long? 

No it got sold to a good friend of mine so wasn’t advertised on here at all 

The motor is long it’s a castle 1800kv 4282 and one hell of a beasty motor I think it has to be the perfect motor for these. 

Have to admit  it this is one truck I really hated to sell and will miss this one for sure 

That must have been a flying machine @mydoddy69! I've looked at a number of setups even the TP Power motors they all seem to use over the pond. But for now I thibk it will be a rather simple 2200kv setup.

A little progress today, all the steering components and arms stripped and cleaned. I must say aprt from the sand and dirt, it's all in great shape no cracks and bends, think that shows what a strong truck this is. 

I did decide to do one chance here though... Out with the tekno 3mm CVDs and replaced with Arrma 5mm ones from the Talion. I'm waiting for a couple more parts to fit them, but they are very beefy 👌

Screenshot_20190724_141221_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20190724_194915.jpg

• Thanks 1

Still waiting on parts 😴.. But have actually started rebuilding. 

Centre diff. 

First stripped down, cleaned and inspected. 

Then rebuilt with new o rings, rubber sealed bearings and fresh oil.

In terms of Oil I decided to thinken up the oil, so after some research went with 500k weight 😁 should mean a few wheelies 🤔

Working on the diff gave me an opportunity to see the M2C aluminium diff casing... I'm impressed looks very well made and after a clean looks brand new. 

Also have the Tekno Hardened steel spur. 

Hopfully the aluminium spaces arrive today so I rebuild and bulletproof the rear diff and rebuild the front over the weekend. 

A special mention for the Associated Graphite grease, first time I used it but it feels super smooth gave a nice coating on the outdrivers. 

Screenshot_20190726_111236.jpg

Screenshot_20190726_111335.jpg

Edited by YetiScore83
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 19:54, YetiScore83 said:

That must have been a flying machine @mydoddy69! I've looked at a number of setups even the TP Power motors they all seem to use over the pond. But for now I thibk it will be a rather simple 2200kv setup.

A little progress today, all the steering components and arms stripped and cleaned. I must say aprt from the sand and dirt, it's all in great shape no cracks and bends, think that shows what a strong truck this is. 

I did decide to do one chance here though... Out with the tekno 3mm CVDs and replaced with Arrma 5mm ones from the Talion. I'm waiting for a couple more parts to fit them, but they are very beefy 👌

Screenshot_20190724_141221_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20190724_194915.jpg

I'm interested in doing this mod on mine. What parts do you need?

@monkeyboy_uk it's not too bad actually.

You need....

2 x Pairs of FRONT Arrma Talion CVDs... The ones from the Kraton and Outcast have longer Stub axles so won't work and the ones from the typhoon are slightly too short. 

Then you need to change the hexes as the hole for the hex pin in the arrma axles is 3mm and the tekno is 2.5mm. The popular choice is ones from 'Serpent' they do seem excellent quality (will update with part number) 

You then need to swap the inner bearing (13x19x4) with another (8x16x5) bearing Inside the hub carrier. The issue with this is that the CVD joint no long sits inside the bearing ring, so the pin can slide out. So you need a small ring to clamp around, I ordered some from a friend off the tekno forum. 

Also other thing is you need a small shim 8x14x2 between the Stub axles and hub. I looked high and low for somthing and couldn't find anything in metal, so I had them custom made.... Only cost £4 for 5 of them delivered. 

In total it cost... 

£44 for the 4 X Arrma Talion front cvd

£25 for the hexes and pin (USA 😭

£15 for the pin clamp rings

£5 for the shim

£4 for bearings 

Do about £90 for all 4 corners.. Which is way cheaper than standard tekno ones so not to bad 👍

Screenshot_20190726_191037.jpg

• Thanks 1

Made more progress on the diffs, must admit I wasn't really looking forward to these... But strangley I enjoyed it 😜

The good news is that all the internal gears look great, hardly any sign of ware. 

New bearings, and replaced the screws. 

For the front I stuck with standard 100k oil. 

Screenshot_20190726_191228.jpg

Screenshot_20190726_191212.jpg

Although still waiting on parts, I had enough to start the rebuild. 

Nothing better than starting with a fresh new chassis... Big thanks to @Badkad  for selling me one at a good price.

As the bumpers were a little worst for ware, I decided to take the opportunity to switch to the Tbone front, rear and mud guards. As always, delighted with the quality and fitment on the tbones, can't belive no one stocks these in the UK. 

It looks like the front suffered a little previously, the front skid was no existed and front screw heads were nearly shaved away. Also front hinge pin holder was in a rough way, so swapped out for a new one plus new 12.9 screws. 

Front bulkhead, arms and cvd's assessmbled to chassis. 

Apart from striping shocks not much else I can do until parts show up next week. 

Screenshot_20190726_191318.jpg

Screenshot_20190728_105228.jpg

Screenshot_20190728_105056.jpg

Edited by YetiScore83
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few more bits arrived today... 

Mugen seiki shock oil 800w

Tekno Orange rated springs

Tekno shock boots 

So stripped and rebuilt.. Not as a dramatic change as I thought visually, but at least nice and clean. 

With the stiffer springs and fresh oil, they feel super smooth, can't wait to see how they perform. 

Shocks already had the M2C caps, again really impressed with the quality.. @Bixdid you buy the caps? 

Waiting on centre driveshaft, some M2C braces, and shims for rear diff now. 

But getting there 😎

Screenshot_20190729_192338.jpg

Screenshot_20190729_192407.jpg

Screenshot_20190729_192353.jpg

Edited by YetiScore83
  • Like 1

Yeah I did buy the M2C shocks caps mate, all the M2C bits are lovely quality. Shame it costs so much to import them! 

Hope your T Bone bumper lasts longer than mine did 😂 three runs is all mine manage before it let go as you can see below:

Everything about your rebuild is spot on though so far mate 👍🏻 You going to be running 4S I take it? I never tried 6S tbh as it was plenty fast enough on 4S!

So a lot of parts arrived this week... The main ones being the new V2 centre and rear braces from M2C, I cant speak highly enough of the M2C stuff the fit and finish is first class. 

The other job that I was keen to do was 'bombproof' the rear diff, in reality it's a case of swapping a bearing for a flanged one and filling the gaps with some metal shims. However finding shims with the right dimension was a big challenge... However after hours of searching I found a solution from kyosho 👍

So with the parts on the table and the diffs complete.. I went into full build mode. 

It's now 90% complete, just motor, esc, fans and radio gear to go in.. Plus the new shell. 

Other little additons...i put in thr carbon fibre servo brace for a little bling. 

Added the allracing top steering brace... Again very impressed! 

Then the wheels... I always wanted this to look a true MT so knew the wheels needed to be big but not too heavy.. Reading forums a lot of people liked thr Arrma backflips from the 6s outcast.. So ordered a set and wow they are huggggge. 

Mounted using some nice Kingheadz fine thread nut caps. 

A few shots.. @Bixbringing back memories I hope 😎

Screenshot_20190802_083331.jpg

Screenshot_20190802_083421.jpg

Screenshot_20190802_083358.jpg

Screenshot_20190802_083637.jpg

Screenshot_20190802_083538.jpg

Screenshot_20190802_083555.jpg

Screenshot_20190802_083611.jpg

• Like 2

It’s looking brilliant mate 👍🏻 I very nearly got backflips when I first built it funnily enough. Great tyres and will be able to pull silly amounts of flips on demand! 

You really have have gone all out with the spec on this rebuild, is there much left stock? 😂

Best performing MT/Tank status acquired!

Reminds me of my MT When I had it. Wide chassis, similar center brace setup but 6061, m2c centre diff etc

Glad the chassis is being put to good use!

I've just bought the updated front center brace for one of my ETs, and had that carbon servo plate piece arrive a few days ago in fact!

I can second the fit and finish of M2C, outstanding as you know!

Thanks @Badkadand @Bix, it's been a really enjoyable build.... So much so that.... I just picked up an Eb48.3 only used on astro so great shape.. Monster buggy here we come 😬

As for m2c its really great, I wouldn't hesitate buying more. In fact I now have the UK contact who handles unofficial UK distribution... Perfect to avoid the import taxes and shipping.. If you want contact send me a pm 👍👍

One question... For you though, rear wheels (I don't know the technical term) maybe toe? But should the rear wheels be slightly angled toward the chassis? Grated I Havnt done any fine tuning, but there is a noticable angle and can't see how I would straighten them out 🤔

Also Where's the build thread on your crazy tekno @Badkad 😎

@YetiScore83 As for the toe (looking at the chassis from above and the front of the rear wheels pointing in towards the chassis), that is normal due the hinge pin blocks being diff lengths. You just notice it more because of the big wheels, especially with offset wheels like the badlands.

I'd love the details for the M2C contact, that will be very handy indeed, will send pm 👍

I'm a bit swamped right now lol, I'm changing one of my ET's to an MT410 with a eb48.3 chassis, building a eb48.4, and trying to build a on road/speed run/gt tekno build at the same time! 😬

Think I'll make a thread on my baller ET and speed run car at some point, waiting on parts from the US and the EU currently

@badkad replied to pm mate.

Thanks mate, the wheels are a little loose as still waiting for some shims for the arrma driveshaft swap. But good to hear they look sort of normal 😎

Can't wait to see the ET full build.. This is the one with the long can Poisiden motor right? 

Don't suppose you have any eb48.4 shells handing around.. Either clear or just single colour 🤔

Speed run.. I guess long can motor for that too 😎