• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao hyper star brushless conversion

Hi I have got an old hyper star which I brought from eBay on  a whim was wondering if anyone has converted one to brushless and would be able to point me in the right direction for a motor mount, is it the same as hyper 9? Does anyone have a part number, thank you in advance.👍

Edited by Dannyboy123

From memory the Star and 9e are very similar. Converting a nitro Star to brushless is something I've rarely come across, iirc because the nitro ones have a centre mounted centre diff, and the BL ones moved it to the rear (Hobao we're ahead of the game there).  The BL Star uses the same mount as the 9e, part no 89306, but to use it you'd need to modify swap lots of parts.  You'd be better off seeing if one of the other hobao BL mounts, that are used in the VSe / 7 conversions etc - fits your existing chassis.

10 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

From memory the Star and 9e are very similar. Converting a nitro Star to brushless is something I've rarely come across, iirc because the nitro ones have a centre mounted centre diff, and the BL ones moved it to the rear (Hobao we're ahead of the game there).  The BL Star uses the same mount as the 9e, part no 89306, but to use it you'd need to modify swap lots of parts.  You'd be better off seeing if one of the other hobao BL mounts, that are used in the VSe / 7 conversions etc - fits your existing chassis.

Ok thank you for that I have a mount in the post for a hyper 7 conversion I will give that a go and see if it is possible if not maybe I’ll have to put it back on the bay. Cheers again.👍

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/06/2019 at 21:08, capri-boy said:

Hi another question I have I’m halfway through converting the hyper star to brushless I have the standard centre diff which I think is 40 tooth what pinion would you or anyone recommend running 4s 2200kv motor or will it just be a case of trial and error thanks in advance for any help.👍