• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Nitro Engine

UnkownRC

I am going to be replacing the .18 nitro engine in my 1/10th buggy, does any .18 engine fit any buggy or do I have to buy specifics engines for my buggy (which is a fairly cheap HSP backwash). Does the engine even have to be .18?
Many thanks in a advance

From my experience most nitro engines seem to fit their bracket across the board. So, theoretically you should fit mostly any .18 engine in there. Depends if it has the slot type adjustable engine mounts or fixed position mounts. If itll fit, a traxxas 3.3 engine would be a total monster in there. But then that depends which side the exhaust exits on, room for starting mechanism ect. Lots of things to consider, A safe bet is a force or GO 18 engine.  Cheap and friendly, and they go okay for what they cost. Me personally, anything made by OS, traxxas, novarossi, sirio or the other big manufacturers will be great. Surf ebay, and see what you can find :)

Just make sure the exhaust port and pull starters are the same orientation to your current engine then you should be good to go :good: