• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How much is it worth?

JRS182

Hey Guys,

I've had a  HPI Super 5SC flux sitting under the bed for a good couple of years now. I figured someone might as well enjoy it as its great fun. I don't have the time to use it I'm too busy flying drones and working on other things.

Its in working order, it has all the stuff that comes with it as stock, apart from the box. Got the manuals, theres probably some spares. Also I upgraded the steering servo when I bought it was the stock one was pretty weak.

It's in pretty good order, the shell has a few scars. The only issue with it was that there was a clicking noise when braking hard. It was doing this before I stopped using it so have never investigated the problem.

It had a replacement motor from HPI as the old one siezed whilst it was still under warranty.

It doesn't have any lipos, I had to dispose of them.

What do you guys think its worth? do you think its worthing wacking it on ebay or on here? I don't really fancy posting something this size!.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/106259

If there's any interest I can get some photos of it. I know these are pretty hard to come by now as they were discontinued. Let me know what you guys think.

Joe

I got mine with a dead motor and no radio gear for £275, but the drivetrain was in good shape. Sounds to me like yours has a bad front diff from your description which would take it down in value a bit. They may be uncommon but they also were never too popular when they were in production, so I guess that's something to consider too.

Taking all that into consideration I would say £350-£400 depending on exact condition, extras etc. Also depends on how long you're willing to wait for a sale, could price it higher and eventually someone who is prepared to pay will come along.

Got any pics? Curious about the condition.

Edited by Stoat_Muldoon

Posting stuff out always makes selling it easier.

Courier broker sites like parcelmonkey or Interparcel make it easy and cheap to send anything up to 20kg.

Don't limit your market. Especially for something like this which will only garner the interest of the educated few who know what they are.

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys.

I can certainly get some pics at the weekend. 300-400 is in line with what I thought it might be worth

It’s got all the radio gear and that works fine. Last time a put some lipos through it everything worked fine except for that noticeable clicking noise. It is basically just one click when you brake hard.

But from what I remember I couldn’t replicate it with it off the ground it only done it with the weight of the truck on the wheels.

I’ll sort out some pics at the weekend.

Yeah looks pretty clean, few rusty screws but nothing that would really affect its value beyond what you've described already. If I hadn't already picked one up a few months ago I'd jump at yours no question but alas I can't really justify another one, financially or spatially lol 🙄

Good luck with your sale mate 👍

18 hours ago, norcoforever said:

you cannot get the bullet proof diffs anymore

Not new, but they come up used on eBay pretty often. There's a set up right now for £60 and that's a bit on the high end, a mate picked up a set for £40 the other week. Should be alright.