• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie refurbishing TA01

Heheshamon

Firstly hi to the forum I’ve already got some useful information from the site ?

My 8 year old is getting his first basic REAL rc a Funtek MT4 and it was a good excuse for me to dig my 25 year old TA01 Lancia out of the loft, unfortunately it seems the mice had a great time with the wires and the tyres just fell to pieces so I’m halfway through the rebuild and ordered several items from the bay like new ESC etc.

I’m on a really tight budget and the front damper stay is broken were the body mount screws in and I need confirmation that Tamiya 0005574 kit includes the same part it looks identical but can anyone clarify that this fits.

thanks in advance.

@Heheshamon

Hi, yes I can confirm that Tamiya 10005574 part tree has the part that will fit. But this is black. There is one on Ebay being sold for £6.90 free p+p by someone called harvdmarv. I have bought from him several times and he is a good safe seller https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Hummer-Humvee-TA02-Racing-Lancer-Cayenne-0005574-10005574-A-Parts-NEW/233212538260?epid=1021803767&hash=item364c8ced94:g:Y1MAAOSw-4Rad6o8

However, the correct part colour for the Tamiya Lancia Delta HF Integrale (58117) TA-01 chassis is red, if that is important to you. That is on part tree Tamiya 10005404. Unfortunately that part costs almost twice as much. There's one on ebay being sold for £12.39 free p+p by someone called tonystamiyaparts975. Another seller I have bought from many times, and would highly recommend without hesitation. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-50541-0005404-4WD-Touring-Rally-Car-Front-Gear-Case-TA01-TA02-NIP-/382834292180

I have the Tamiya manual your Lancia in PDF format. If you would like it, private message me your email address and I will email it to you :)

Thanks for your reply and thanks for confirmation on this.

i bit the bullet and ordered the £7 one with fingers crossed and it should be arriving today, I’m not really bothered about colour match tbh

Thanks for the manual offer but I have found that on the web when searching for various things.

• Like 1

Just an update and further question.

The new ESC has arrived and I’m glad to say that the motor still runs  and everything seems to be running fine ( I did have to swap the steering servo for the old throttle one as it wasn’t centring and it was twitching )

just waiting on the tyres then I can test drive it.

Anyway battery wise I have my old 7.2v 2000mah nicd pack and I doubt this will last 5 mins, I notice that today there is either nimh or lipo with higher mah meaning longer run time, I’m not really interested in the expense of lipo.

I have a fast charger but the label says 7.2v nicad will this charge the nimh?

2DA2D973-9BEA-4297-9EC2-167290992183.png

It depends on the charger itself.  It may undercharge or overcharge an nimh, or it may well charge it fine.

Chargers are relatively cheap nowadays, it maybe worth upgrading.