• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A hopeful 1/5th newbie

Highlander1971

6 hours ago, tanveer said:

Why are you getting so shirty? read what i said buddy. I said the fg are pants compared to any 5ive based platform. They genuinely are mate and im sure even you would rather have a 5ive or baja than your old FG's 

Thats like comparing apples and Oranges, Totally different RC's.  Oh and  a Leopard 4 will run rings round a 5ive on a track ?

An FG Leo that will do that will cost 3 grand. You can also spend 3 grand on a 5ive B setup to race and it will come down to driver skills. This is about a 650 budget. It's incredibly hard to argue that for that budget there is a better option than a 30DNT or DB. 

29 minutes ago, mond said:

An FG Leo that will do that will cost 3 grand. You can also spend 3 grand on a 5ive B setup to race and it will come down to driver skills. This is about a 650 budget. It's incredibly hard to argue that for that budget there is a better option than a 30DNT or DB. 

Mine wasnt 3k . But for his budget a nice used Losi 5ive T would be ideal. I dont agree with the whole clone thing. If you opened a shop selling knock off Adidas trainers you would be shut down within a week. Dont see its any different selling knock off RC's .

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, tanveer said:

Why are you getting so shirty? read what i said buddy. I said the fg are pants compared to any 5ive based platform. They genuinely are mate and im sure even you would rather have a 5ive or baja than your old FG's 

I don't use them anymore bud. I'm too old and grumpy now. ?

17 hours ago, Rover Man said:

Thats like comparing apples and Oranges, Totally different RC's.  Oh and  a Leopard 4 will run rings round a 5ive on a track ?

Hands up, The Leopard can be a lovely looking thing,  this one looks pretty nice, For 2 grand.

pWjpW_OW1140_WM0_PB0.jpg

This one not so nice, But this one will only set you back £1000.

aPxV9_OW1140_WM0_PB0.jpg

The top one maybe, If your a racer, But the bottom one, A grand, For that, Come on, Without radio, How on gods green earth do you defend a grand for that, Worse than that, How do you defend 560 quid for this, And that £560 is without radio as well, £560 for what you see there, It's a joke price for a joke of a car, And from that picture, 10 years or more since I got shot of mine, They still can't even stretch to supplying a spur gear cover as standard.

mpBkK_OW1140_WM0_PB0.jpg

I have just bought my first 1/5 scale car. Losi 5ive t. Bought second hand for £600. Doesn't need a thing doing to it just bought it and out thrashing it the next day. For your budget of £650 and wanting a 4x4 I reckon a quick look on shpock or gumtree will find you a 5ive t for £650 and I have seen 2 dbxl well within your budget leaving you with spare cash for the necessary upgrades that most people seem to do, more power lol.

1 hour ago, Mack1 said:

I have just bought my first 1/5 scale car. Losi 5ive t. Bought second hand for £600. Doesn't need a thing doing to it just bought it and out thrashing it the next day. For your budget of £650 and wanting a 4x4 I reckon a quick look on shpock or gumtree will find you a 5ive t for £650 and I have seen 2 dbxl well within your budget leaving you with spare cash for the necessary upgrades that most people seem to do, more power lol.

Power means nothing unless you can drive your RC  and a novice would soon notch up a fantastic repair bill . 

• 3 months later...

I have a sportsline (iknow not off road) but that thing is awesome bought it from a guy when i did a stint on council for £200, only trouble is finding shells as mine is now smashed a bit at the front from the mrs having a go..............

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

if I was starting again I would go for the 30dn truck. yes it is a losi 5ive t clone. but parts are cheap and readily available, and its is one of if not THE most supported platforms out there.

you cant really go wrong.

it all depends if you want 2wd or 4wd and if you like a buggy or truck.

• 1 month later...