• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Rovan Stealth and some problems

cupra313

Well it started life as a rovan stealth baja a week ago and now i have this.The problem is the exhaust melted some parts of the rear cage. Rcmodelz failed to inform me that the blade cage and this exhaust are almost incompatible, given that they suggested a stealth and a blade cage because the original triton blade is out of stock. I could have bought another exhaust but anyways...

The second problem is the range. At about 12-15 meters the servos start to lag and beyond that signal cuts out and the kill switch engages...

ZpJlp4b.jpg

lHkiB1S.jpg

rM4c2gs.jpg

1WgtUFO.jpg

1 hour ago, cupra313 said:

Well it started life as a rovan stealth baja a week ago and now i have this.The problem is the exhaust melted some parts of the rear cage. Rcmodelz failed to inform me that the blade cage and this exhaust are almost incompatible, given that they suggested a stealth and a blade cage because the original triton blade is out of stock. I could have bought another exhaust but anyways...

The second problem is the range. At about 12-15 meters the servos start to lag and beyond that signal cuts out and the kill switch engages...

ZpJlp4b.jpg

lHkiB1S.jpg

rM4c2gs.jpg

1WgtUFO.jpg

What radio gear are you using?  

Edited by KORB

Are you using new/fully charged battery pack onboard? And good quality batteries in the TX? 

There was problems with that particular radio set and loss of range.  Where the clear RX antenna tube is the inner wire should be slightly exposed ABOVE your tube? if it isn't then you'll have to very carefully cut the tube down until the inner wire is exposed and then    if the inner wire is not exposed you will need to cut the outer wire to expose it about 3/4 of an inch.

Yeah i know,i did a research on the subject. Firstly i opened up the rx to make sure that the antenna wire wasn't de-soldered, it was fine. Then the inner wire was already outside the tube. Nevertheless i exposed some more inner wire. I haven't tested it since, if i have the time,i will tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

First thing you should do is This, I had the same thing with my FlySky triggering the failsafe,  Big servo's sucking power through an Iddy biddy little receiver was enough for a power dip setting off the failsafe, The throttle response was also erratic as if I had a range problem before the failsafe was triggered.  

The range could also be were you are running if it's not the battery, I had a place I went were it would always loose signal like clockwork in the exact same place, No real reason that I could see for it like phone mast and the like, It just did in that one place.