• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yama buggy engine help ?

rcstarz

Hey, been a long while since I've been on here I got out of rcs for quite a while. I've now got a fg marder and a yama. The yama I got given ... it's got orange shocks and the orange upgraded suspension arms etc ... it seems as if it's the carbon 30cc but how would I tell the difference between that and the 26cc ? Is there a way of telling ? 

May well be a stupid question but I've googled images etc and other than the arms etc there doesn't seem to be a difference that I can see... someone could well have upgraded to these parts on the 26cc ... 

Any help would be appreciated 

Will only tell for sure if you pull the engine apart and measure. But I wouldn't bother. Difference between the two will be negligible. Just enjoy it till it breaks

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Not quite the answer I was hoping for but I'm taking that as the best advice ? bash it till it dies it is lol

Is there any notable difference in the way of fittings for air box/exhaust or are they all the same on the outside ? 

Thanks ?

11 minutes ago, rcstarz said:

Not quite the answer I was hoping for but I'm taking that as the best advice ? bash it till it dies it is lol

Is there any notable difference in the way of fittings for air box/exhaust or are they all the same on the outside ? 

Thanks ?

From the outside unless it's engraved or marked until you move to 32cc and above the engines are all physically identical it's the bore inside that changes

3 hours ago, rcstarz said:

Hey, been a long while since I've been on here I got out of rcs for quite a while. I've now got a fg marder and a yama. The yama I got given ... it's got orange shocks and the orange upgraded suspension arms etc ... it seems as if it's the carbon 30cc but how would I tell the difference between that and the 26cc ? Is there a way of telling ? 

May well be a stupid question but I've googled images etc and other than the arms etc there doesn't seem to be a difference that I can see... someone could well have upgraded to these parts on the 26cc ... 

Any help would be appreciated 

Have a look at the engine casing nearest the pull start housing, you might find its stamped or a sticker under the actual engine casing. Is there anything on the actual pull start housing ??