• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Motor over axle gear lube question...

Hi Guys

As per my 1/8 HSP upgrade thread I've recently put new GoolRC motors onto my crawler. When doing so I noticed that the gears are dry, no grease or anything. Should I grease them? Going by my 4x4 Jeep experience (real not RC :)) I would have thought there should be as much grease or similar in there as possible but being RC and a Brass gear onto what I assume if nylon/plastic I'm in new territory ;)

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

In general If no dust gets into the gearbox it's normally  ok to put some grease on . If it gets dusty then don't as it turns it into grinding paste . But I have not had a car with this setup so I my be wrong .. 

• Like 1

If your referring to the pinion on motor and spur gear (of sorts) on the axle, if it’s closed off and can be sealed you could but if the mesh is correct, you don’t have to.

i would looks for signs of dirt ingress when the cover is removed and go from there really :good: