• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Retro 90's nitro 1:8 monster truck garage find - what's it worth?

PH001

Came across this cutie clearing out the back of my garage which I had completely forgotten about! It's got Flying Point Torsen FPS written on the front and the engine has 3.5 stamped on it. I'm guessing this was some Taiwanese company back in the day. It was actually given to me by the founder of Mtroniks who I'm still good pals with.

I remember unpacking it about 25 yrs ago, painting the body shell, running a couple of tank fulls on it on a bench then putting some after run oil in it and that's it! Maybe I got a girlfriend the next day or something and it was all forgotten ?

It is fully complete with radio gear, engine turns over smoothly and not a scratch on it!  I'm not interested in nitro anymore as have a HPI truggy flux.

So, guess I'm looking to move it on - any idea what sort of price I should be asking?

Nitro Truggy_00001.jpg

Nitro Truggy_00002.jpg

Nitro Truggy_00003.jpg

Nitro Truggy_00004.jpg

Nitro Truggy_00005.jpg

Nitro Truggy_00006.jpg

Nitro Truggy_00007.jpg

Edited by PH001

Just trying to get some idea of value at present. Will clean it up and include photos of all extras, inc bodyshell etc and list in the for sale section in a few days.

Edited by PH001

Probably not a great deal, unless there's someone out there that had one as a youngster and wants to relieve their youth, or is already doing that and needs spares for one they have.  Memory tells me these we're flogged under various names - and a quick google throws up avioracing, and the spattering of references seem to be looking for spares.

Interestingly it reminds me of early Hong Nor - who we're well known for flogging there wares to all and sundry to rebrand.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...