• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scale garage items

Gaz!

Ok, here’s another one I’ve made.

all from offcuts of plasticard apart from the barrel, that’s a 32mm waste pipe coupling from b&q. Has a working light and brush is a 4mm bullet connector with a bit of wire left sticking out (stiff brush for gettin oil off them landy parts :rofl:)

90_D3_C133-_F23_D-43_C1-9_BC7-527_C336_B

84828_D3_D-5_A00-4985-_BAC1-_B62_A939_F6

A68137_DD-_FDCE-46_D2-9_C34-_B0_BDB69253

oh and then there’s the work bench’s I made too.....

come on guys, don’t be shy :good:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

That reminds me mate, when is my next batch due?

at this rate, I won’t have room for a Rc to fit in :rofl:

i can personally vouch for @heavyleftthumb‘s work here, I have loads and quality is spot on. :good:

Damn why did you have to recommend his work :lol:

@heavyleftthumb I may be enlisting your services when I can decide what I fancy being made :rofl:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, tried looking for a tumbleweed emoji and nothing so I’ll have to type it instead.....

ok so how about some ideas for other things to make, bearing in mind it must be made from odds and sods readily available?

ill give any ideas a go and offer them as somekind of a prize maybe, 

just got a mini arcade machine that plays basic games, something else for the garage lmao....

The wood is balsa wood from hobbycraft, it’s expensive but it’s easy to go in and get what I’m after with it in hand.

thats what I’ve used for the scale workbench etc. Also lollipop sticks can be used too :good:

some pallets can be 3d printed too.

• 2 months later...
On 23/09/2018 at 18:24, Gaz! said:

Soooo,

not many of you make any scale items then?

here is my last offering,

had a properly battered Tamiya Subaru brat shell, carved it up and ended up with the doors, wings and bonnet (hood).

the doors and wings will either get weathered as old tired ones or maybe sprayed up ready for a car, no idea as of yet.

back to the bonnet, it was real rough so did the best possible with filler, painted it up Tamiya light metallic blue.

i wanted to create something you could see in a posh garage like gas monkey/west coast customs etc.

all the mechanism bits came from a 70’s clock that I found at a village fete for a grand sum of £1 (still has the battery in it too). numbers were in a big sheet from hobbycraft, again just £1.

it needs the fingers touching up and the rear covering with black but for now scale bits wise, this is it. (Kinda hoped the thread would be full of little bits you’ve created). Will eventually be on the wall of the scale garage, one day.....

as always, feedback welcomed both good and bad.

2_F43510_D-_BF4_E-43_E2-999_E-8196_BC443

6_F9_E8837-_F9_F1-4901-_B9_BD-_EC325_F1_

even has the Tamiya model no. on it.

EF06_D235-_F361-46_D4-_B6_DA-1_E650_E675

Thanks for looking :good:

I absolutely love that clock idea our Barbie jeep is ending that way i think. 

• Haha 1