• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho mini z help?

Arkvs

Hey, I’m a complete novice in the rc scene and was hoping few people could help me out? 

I picked up a mini z for £30 and tried to look up mods and upgrades for it, but not sure what would fit the model I have or what is best to get. 

All I know is the one I have is a Dodge Viper and it’s rwd. Takes 4 aaa batteries(I mean guessing there’s a good rechargeable option?)

any mods u would recommend or uk sites selling them would help me out loads, thanks!

image.jpg

Edited by Arkvs

I have a load of these Mini Z bits n bobs, the chassis you have is one of the first that was released by Kyosho and at the time 

loads of hop up parts were available for them.

This is my race tuned chassis, oil filled damper, tuned motor, tuned springs and carbon damper plates. you could get the small RX antenna ( before the days of 2.4 radios ), ball diff  and a load of 

alloy parts to add. I have the lighting kit for some of the rally body shells which is what the red plug is for on the top of the chassis. Tones of fun to be had with these 

little cars. I think parts for these are now really hard to get hold of, I've not used mine in anger for about 15 years now. I must have 8 or 9 body shells , two chassis 

and a boat load of hop ups. I might be willing to part with them if you are interested.

I still have all the Kyosho instructions for the cars and the hop ups if that's any help.

P1060135

P1060136

The more standard chassis that I have, this is vey close to the base stock supplied kit. 

P1060138

P1060137

P1060139

P1060140

P1060141

P1060142

And the TX and car carry case 

P1060143P1060144

P1060145

P1060146

They are really good fun and you can get some great performance from them with the right bits.

Regards

Dan 

Edited by Dads203

• 2 months later...
On 04/09/2018 at 21:30, Arkvs said:

Hey, I’m a complete novice in the rc scene and was hoping few people could help me out? 

I picked up a mini z for £30 and tried to look up mods and upgrades for it, but not sure what would fit the model I have or what is best to get. 

All I know is the one I have is a Dodge Viper and it’s rwd. Takes 4 aaa batteries(I mean guessing there’s a good rechargeable option?)

any mods u would recommend or uk sites selling them would help me out loads, thanks!

Hi Arkv,

These are the best all round batteries, you will get better performance than the std Alkaline which are not good in Mini-Z :- https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=32891&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6tjguKzj3gIVbpPtCh08ggKREAQYASABEgLSxfD_BwE

You can also buy high voltage and SHO versions for more speed!!

On 04/09/2018 at 21:30, Arkvs said:

image.jpg