• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LED Light Bar Owners Input

AmericanBullDog

Hi

I’ve fitted mine to a 9 volt separate supply on the Gelande, there’s very little information out there, proline might tell you the make of LED.

b018d5cf687cf714d58674f7d6766f46.png

I got 2 they are just brilliant I’m going to hook the other to an X Maxx when I get one, I might be able to test it then.

If your sitting on the fence or thinking if they are worth the money I’ve had more interest and positive comments about this light bar than any other.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomzac66 said:

Hi

I’ve fitted mine to a 9 volt separate supply on the Gelande, there’s very little information out there, proline might tell you the make of LED.

Very little information from the retailers indeed! The only thing I've seen any of them list is the range of volts you can run them with.

I can't be certain from the pictures I've found online but they look to be DIP lights, can you say if that is what they appear to have used?

LED Types

Thanks for any info you can share on them. 

Hi tried a close up of the leds they are round and look like the DIP.

221846271893dc3443e79d3928f9a423.jpg

I use these in my Sherman firefly tank I use 3mm DIP for the flash that’s hooked up to an IBU running 3s lipo to give an intense bright flash.

65bb1a80a8f96478d22604b53956ef0d.jpg

f113eef98c86a1d1e2c92d247ab20bdf.jpg

97bf1b186327cd2f7a75897fb7c59a35.jpg

They do look similar, they are definitely not a flat type.

I hope this helps, they are the brightest I’ve ever had, on a side note these are more cool like task LED than warm that some may use.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomzac66 said:

They do look similar, they are definitely not a flat type.

I hope this helps, they are the brightest I’ve ever had, on a side note these are more cool like task LED than warm that some may use.

Cheers

That is a huge help, thank you very much!