• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Changing from nitro to petrol ???

robbie1

Hi,

I’m thinking of selling my nitro stuff and getting a Baja petrol. As I’ve never owned one of these I wondered what’s involved in the tuning. 

Also looking at the new Baja with D box or there’s some on eBay with all the alu hop ups and really not sure which way to go ?

any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Thanks Robert 

There's no where near as much tuning and faffing with petrol as there is with nitro. Yes it still requires a bit of adjustment every now and then but once you've set it it won't need adjusting for a while unless something happens or you change something. As for the Baja I'd have a look on here and see what takes your fancy https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/1-5th-scale-petrol-cars.html

Thanks,

Im glad you said that, i wanted to change and not have as much hassle with the tuning. 

Do you know if the rovan ag03 or kingmotor too2 any good compared to the hpi baja ?

They're clones of the HPI baja and fairly decent ones at that though I believe the KMs are better than the Rovans. If you have any specific questions about the models send them an email or give them a call as there customer service is pretty good :good:

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2018 at 18:26, robbie1 said:

Thanks,

Im glad you said that, i wanted to change and not have as much hassle with the tuning. 

Do you know if the rovan ag03 or kingmotor too2 any good compared to the hpi baja ?

I have a 26cc FG Monster Truck for sale...

• 2 months later...

Hi there robbie in my opinion mate you wanna be going down the petrol route :) And the bigger the better :) Also depends on what you are wanting to deposit with it, do you have a special genre that you'd like to get involved in etc?? 

Personally I'm all new to this rc thing so I can only tell you what my take is on it and from what I've done! I'm getting into the drifting scene part of it as I'm wanting to get large scale cars drifting more or less the same as a real life sized car drifts! :) So as I said it all really depends on what you want to do with your rc mate, so keep me posted! :)

Cheers