• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dodgy, but...

NOFX

I found a 5000mah 2s Lipo in the outside storage bunker today.  The voltage was at 3.2 . I thought "Sod it. I'll try to save it"  So I plugged it in with the balance & charge leads. The low voltage beeper started screaming :boredlook:.  So I plugged it in without the balance lead & charged it like a nimh at 4 amps.  That took it above the low voltage cut off.  Then charged it as normal . It's worked :D.  That's saved me about 30 quid.

15 minutes ago, NOFX said:

It ain't puffed at all. Still totally solid. Do you think it could go off whilst being used in the truck?  It's stabilised at 8.4v. 

That's the risk now, or go off on it's own in storage / on charge.  Useable 5A 2S pack is £20 ish.  Not worth risking your RC or worse imo.  

• Like 1

Cheers guys. I'll put it outside & get some cash together for another couple from hobbyking. I've got a 3s that's in good health. But it does something wierd to the esc . It's a 4s compatible esc so I'm baffled :huh:

It's up the end of the garden in the fire patch in a bag now. It'd lost over 3 volts just sat on the worktop. Oh well. I'll try anything once, twice if I like it :D.  My birfday's coming up. I'll ask for battery money :ssh: