• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lost tip of rx ariel

NOFX

Took the outlaw out for some snow fun. Some how about 1/2 an inch of the rx ariel has gone missing . Will this affect the performance? I'm just charging the battery to test it out. Tia . Ooh. It's 2.4ghz .

Was it the short protective sheath?

I had a similar experiance with one of my RX antenna, mine fell off and couldn't get it back on.

DSCF5013.jpg

Iff it is that, then don't worry, it's just protective and won't affect range.

As above really. If, however you've cut the actual aerial wire then it could cause problems. I'd stick it on a box with the wheels off the ground and see how far you can walk away from it before you lose signal.

Cheers mate . I tried it after charging the battery. It was ok for about 30 seconds, then went all intermittent before stopping working completely.  I did try a 3s & thought I'd buggered the esc. So I had a Google & the esc's 2 to 4s. So that should be fine. I've fitted the tx & rx out of my axxe in there & it did the same thing :boredlook:. Then started working properly. It got a proper soaking earlier in the snow. But the esc is supposed to be waterproof.  I'll leave it till tomorrow.  It'll have dried out properly by then. Thanks for the info :D

Cheers mate:D. The motor & esc have only had about 10 lipos through em. I'll have a fiddle tomorrow.  I'm 1/2 way through a litre of vodka at the mo. Best left till I'm sober