• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Juts Bought me a JET PRO Unsilenced Exhaust

SamUk

I would assume as it was listed for a Monster Truck it will fit without any issues...

8ac4_1.jpg

The only thing i just noticed what that it is the Unsilenced Verison....Will this be super Loud? :shockingscary:

£57 was that a good price to pay?

Thanks for any input...

I would assume as it was listed for a Monster Truck it will fit without any issues...

8ac4_1.jpg

The only thing i just noticed what that it is the Unsilenced Verison....Will this be super Loud? :shockingscary:

£57 was that a good price to pay?

Thanks for any input...

Not sure if you'll have to do any cutting as I dont have a hummer, but its a good price but wear your ear plugs :glare:

Okay...just tried to fit but just realised that i need different bolts...

I have picked up a set from my Local Hobby Shop....I need a new Gaskit and they do not have any and saold me Epoxy and said to use this instead of a Gaskit...

Is this a good idea? or should i get a Gaskit from somewhere tommorow?

Where can i get one from? as i have no local shops that sell FG?

-Sam

Edited by SamUk

Epoxy resin?! I wouldnt epoxy in an exhaust or use dodgy bits of paper.

Get a proper gasket made for the job that fits properly

were can i get one from today?

i need something as i want to be out with the car tommrow..

2 options:

The first is to buy a gasket from somewhere like modelsport, S&B racing, fgandbajaspares.co.uk or similar. Get a couple, they're cheap and you can never have too many spare gaskets plus, even if you were to buy half a dozen, they'd still fit in one envelope to post. Buy them now and they'll be with you tomorrow. Keep spares in your toolbox.

Second would be to go to a GOOD car shop (NOT the type of place that just does wheels & sound systems or Halfords but a proper car parts shop or motor factors) and get a sheet of GASKET PAPER. This is exactly the stuff that the original FG gasket was made from. The only difference is that FG stamp theirs out with a die that gives a clean cut. You will have to trace out the shape you want & carefully cut it out with a hobby knife & sharp scissors.

Don't use instant gasket type stuff. It will make a real mess of your car and it's ne4ver very good except in a few very limnited circumstances. FG exhaust ports aren't one of those circumstances!! It's actually OK to make a temporary repair on a damaged gasket for water pumps, oil pumps, rocker & cam covers & the like but not in applications that are subject to the extreme heat & pressure of an exhaust manifold.

Alan, Yes that worked, poped to a local car garage who gave me a sheet over the weekend ;)

Bacello, i am considering selling it already...as yes its LOUD....and i have no where near me for a bash and the nose does not help... :crying:

Alan, Yes that worked, poped to a local car garage who gave me a sheet over the weekend ;)

Bacello, i am considering selling it already...as yes its LOUD....and i have no where near me for a bash and the nose does not help... :crying:

SamUk, I am intrested in buying it because I live in the countryside and no roblem for the noise!

Let me know if ur intrested please :whistling:

I would take a look at the meikle pipe for the baja.Its ment to be not to loud and a good power increase.I am tempted to get one for mine but cant work out if i like the look of it :confused:sorry just realised you werent talking about a baja.

Edited by martin34