• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Parrot Disco fpv wing

I do remember a somewhat entertaining story of a chap at the local flying club, taking a plane up for the first time, he was advised not to take it too far away to begin with, but didn't listen, got to the point where they could still see it, but couldn't tell which way it was facing, harsh sun and novice pilot ended in a lost plane, even though he still had full control, they never found it!

Just had a vision of Harvey standing in the middle of a field, cursing the day he took the plunge into planes because Sean started this thread :lol: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I do remember a somewhat entertaining story of a chap at the local flying club, taking a plane up for the first time, he was advised not to take it too far away to begin with, but didn't listen, got to the point where they could still see it, but couldn't tell which way it was facing, harsh sun and novice pilot ended in a lost plane, even though he still had full control, they never found it!

Just had a vision of Harvey standing in the middle of a field, cursing the day he took the plunge into planes because Sean started this thread :lol: 

If it all works as it should, it does have a return to home feature, I have tried a glider before with little success so I’m hoping with the  auto features of this I have more success  (fingers crossed)

Love the look of this Sean, the thought of sending it on “missions” is quite tempting too - does it link to a smart phone or tablet?

Evrybody should have a plane in their fleet - just try not to over control. Keep it close in and slow and you can’t go far wrong!

2 hours ago, James1986 said:

Love the look of this Sean, the thought of sending it on “missions” is quite tempting too - does it link to a smart phone or tablet?

Evrybody should have a plane in their fleet - just try not to over control. Keep it close in and slow and you can’t go far wrong!

It does connect to a phone/tablet, however on a big auto mission you calculate distance/battery toss it in the air and wait/hope/pray :lol:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

It does connect to a phone/tablet, however on a big auto mission you calculate distance/battery toss it in the air and wait/hope/pray :lol:

What could possibly go wrong? :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Hope not this... A bit long winded but end result is it never came back.

Id be very worried flying furter than i could see lol 

This chap is extreme, he has also lost a mavic doing a distance run, he is quite calm though he knows where the disco was......in the sea ! :lol:

21 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I unforunatel share this same vision Dan! :) 

• 3 weeks later...

if i'd read this article a little more carefully then i'd have seen that you've got it - have you had the chance to fly it yet ?

still find it strange that the price for this plane can be £300+ to £500 + let's hope the box contents are the same !