• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

same set up as our H7 conversions and we get similar temps as to what i posted above

so long as motor stays below 80c it should be fine also check tyres are well glued if we see tyre lifting of the rim we just super glue it 

41 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

Failed first run up the street on 16T, blew the front tyres off in less than 10mins, motor and esc too hot to touch 😞 

Put 3k in the front, think it needs to be thicker as the tyres are ballooning? Only running on 4s! Still wheelies like the carnage, not as much though 😂

Only have access to a meat thermometer atm so left it on for a few mins, motor was 45 and esc was 40 so i guess it's ok, think i'll put the fan on the motor though

The tyres have been a bit of an issue for me too, to the point I’ve accepted the hyper is a tyre shredder and have a spare set of wheels on standby.

Even when tyres come pre glued, I roll a little extra glue around the edge of the rim against the tyre to fill any gaps and give them the best chance of staying in place.

It’s fun to wheelie and Wheelspin, but a little less aggression on the throttle prolongs the life no end!

The punch is on 3 atm from factory so going to knock it down one anyway to try and stop it wheelieing, i've just put a bit of super glue on them for now and wrapped some laggy bands round them but they probably won't last long. Failing that i'll tie some fishing line round them and see if that helps

This thing is an absolute animal compared to the bugsta 😁

Is it possible to re-glue glued tyres? If they come off again i'll take them off and duct tape the insides, just bought some strong CA gel to glue them again.

Edited by Scottyb

2 hours ago, Scottyb said:

Is it possible to re-glue glued tyres? If they come off again i'll take them off and duct tape the insides, just bought some strong CA gel to glue them again.

I’ve not had much luck re gluing. I imagine debris/grit along with old glue doesn’t help. Also, the old glue often stops the tyre locating correctly.

1 hour ago, m-racing said:

GUYS WHAT Happen to the PRICE ?

VSE 80% rollers 230-240 euros in germany webshops 1 month ago

Today 299euros

This Old car got 60bucks more EXPENSIVE in one Month.

is this because Brexit ?  😞      CML   - 

Not many/if any places have stock until the end of this month

https://www.eurorc.co.uk/product/21474/hobao-hyper-vs-e-18-buggy-electric-roller-80-pre-assembled less than 200 euro's

Just took mine to a golf course, may have slightly tweaked the front shock mount as it cart wheeled for about 20 feet lol, both front shocks popped off but i can bang it back 😂 awesome first run though. Put the heatsink/fan on the on the motor but still getting very hot, i'll have to get a heat gun to check it, can't pick the car up from underneath the motor after a run it burns my hand! The one thing i liked about the max10 was knowing it had the thermal cut off for the motor.

Defo need to do the shocks with 50wt

Edited by Scottyb

28 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

Not many/if any places have stock until the end of this month

https://www.eurorc.co.uk/product/21474/hobao-hyper-vs-e-18-buggy-electric-roller-80-pre-assembled less than 200 euro's

Just took mine to a golf course, may have slightly tweaked the front shock mount as it cart wheeled for about 20 feet lol, both front shocks popped off but i can bang it back 😂 awesome first run though. Put the heatsink/fan on the on the motor but still getting very hot, i'll have to get a heat gun to check it, can't pick the car up from underneath the motor after a run it burns my hand! The one thing i liked about the max10 was knowing it had the thermal cut off for the motor.

Defo need to do the shocks with 50wt

yeah they sold out all like one month ago  , great prices

germany got new ones in stock right now

and price has rised with 60euros  😞

im afraid EURO RC will rise price too with new stock

If not i will buy one from EURO RC .

Lets check soon.

Price is now 

£173,44 + tax

German site

https://www.eurorc.de/product/21474/hobao-hyper-vs-e-18-buggy-electric-roller-80-pre-assembled

Preis
245,09 € inc tax

Trust me this will be 300euro when they got new ones like in Germany Already 😞
Is this because Brexit ?  CML is  distrubitor,  
Maybe Habao need new Distrubitor in EU,  outside UK  to EU Customers i think
to keep the Prices low like before
Edited by m-racing

You won't be disappointed if you get one, i'm very very happy with mine and i bet most, if not all, the others guys in this thread are aswell

I think i'm worrying about nothing with the motor temp, it takes less than 5 mins to go lukewarm when i've turned it off, i think if it was getting too hot it would take a lot longer. I'll still get a temp gun though just to check it as i'd like to try the 17T i bought aswell. The 16T acceleration surprised me, it goes off like a flippin Tesla 😂

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 2

Obvs not my car or video but it's doing this when i reverse aswell, any idea how to fix it? had a look around but couldn't find anything concrete, some said steering servo, others said toe.

We'll soon be at 280+ pages like the cranage thread with me in here 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Scottyb
  • Haha 1

cheers i'll whip it off and try and tighten it and see if it helps.

One of my neighbours saw me jumping the speed hump earlier on the street and he bought an old Thunder Tiger ER4 Mini round coz he'd broke the front shock tower and had no idea where to get one. 

He'd connected all the electrics with block connectors, i've never seen anything so horrific in my life, i might have to go and get it off him and solder it all properly for him 😂 I dunno how it's not electrocuted him or shorted itself yet!

I've been through 6 charges today and loved every minute. 90% fixed the ballooning on the tyres and the only casualty was a slightly bent front tower which i've fixed. Was like an olympic gymnast cartwheeling round the gold course earlier 😂 It's so much tougher than the Bugsta, If i'd to that what i've done today there would be nothing left of it!

yea i know but it had a lot of loctite on it so had to get the mole grips on it to get it off.

stripped the bloody grub thread on the steering acumen stopper now and not got a 3 or 4mm tap, i'm so ******! 🤬

Edited by Scottyb
  • Sad 1

Im trying to figure out if I want to go 6s on the 150a version.

I am running 4s the thing is pretty quick as it is, especially off road/diry track where I run it. Motor gets hot also, after a 5500a 4S the motor is too hot to touch although how hot I am not sure. I do have a heat gun I shall measure it next time.

Great car though, run soooo many lipos through it now, nothing has broken, LITERALLY the only tweak I have made out of the box it to adjust the braking force on the ESC up a bit from the stock setting.

Oh I suppose I did do Kevin Talbots drywall tape and shoeglue thing on the plastic shell.

• Like 3

Managed to bodge that little ackerman stopper thing, drilled it out and carved a new thread with a hardened screw and put a 4mm grub in there instead of the 3mm, looks like it will hold 😁 A bit stupid you have to buy the whole servo saver if you need to replace one!

I can't imagine these on 6s i bet it's pretty uncontrollable. I'm on a 2200kv with 16T on 4s and it's goes off like a rocket, still gonna try the 17T though when i get a temp gun. Had massive rooster tails coming off the back in the rain this morning 😀😀😀

I think the motor heats fine, I think everything's just a bit hotter on 1/8+ anyway and i'm not used to it, Bugsta used to get lukewarm at best. I'll still get a temp gun though, there's a few on ebay for about £7, so i'll give one of them a go.

These are extremely good value for money, I think i'll be adding an ST or MT to the collection next year!

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 1

fine we checked it 1st outside house on mix of grass , tarmac and concrete and got the figures above and tried it at quarry and same results and ive just put the 17 t in mine but not ran it yet 

but the 17 t in H7's conversions (same combo as you ) is about the same