• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wltoys F949 Cessna

I've always wanted to have a go at flying a r/c plane so I've been looking around the net to see what's about and as cheap as chips and have come across the wltoys 3ch rtf Cessna looks ok for the money just wondering if anyone has any experience with one? 

Thanks

Thanks for your reply mate. Ive just taken a look at the Hobbyzone champ looks nice and reviews all seem good only problem I have is I'm not sure if I can justify the price of one as I'm not sure if flying is my thing yet and with the price of the wltoys Cessna its cheap and cheerful at 30 pound. If flying is my thing I think I would then go ahead and buy a Hobbyzone champ.

Thanks

I hope it works out for you but don't expect much for £30. It really won't give much in the way of an introduction to rc flight at all. Learning to fly rc planes can be a frustrating learning curve, choosing the wrong plane only makes it worse.

I do hope it works for you but I would seriously consider throwing a bit more money at it and give yourself half a chance to get flying properly. 

I understand what your saying but will let you know the out come once I buy one and try it out with my son.

There that price from china in the uk they range fron 60-70 pounds

The you tube vids look pretty good and experienced flyers say its not to bad starter plane

Thanks

Edited by novamadcars

40 quid from amazon uk so might work out cheaper than importing if it gets spotted and you pay VAT plus fees. :thumbsup:

I agree the reviews are quite positive but I'm always dubious when you get all that for £30/£40. Still, choose a windless day and it sounds like it could be good fun.

Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/02/2018 at 19:34, novamadcars said:

Well in the end I bought one from chine for £29.50 posted. It turned up today but with this rubbish british weather don't look like I will get to use it for a couple of months yet.

image.jpg

i just got one of these to fly indoors from Amazon. The reviews are actually very good but not had it out the box yet. The idea is to add a little fpv camera above the cockpit :)
Also purchased a Ares Taylorcraft130 which does fly very nice. Looks nice and scale too. Also has the option to upgrade to brushless and parts are also available.

keep us updated on how you get on with it. 

I have one of these. On a totally windless day it's a lot of fun. Can take mine 150 - 200 feet up into the air and have it glide around. I've seen one or two people try FPV with small AIO cameras. Whilst I think the plane can fly, it doesn't fly very nicely. But maybe you can modify the plane to make it work.