• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Large scale rc, why no electric options losi 5 etc?

trxrincon

11 minutes ago, trxrincon said:

Hey, quick question really, why don't Losi etc offer electric options instead of just engines. I've seen conversions but why can't you just buy electric out if the box? Cheers Rob 

5ive brushless out the box.:good:...https://rc-car-online.de/en/products/losi_5ivet_e_avc-losi-5ive-t-e-avc-4wd-electric-off-road-truck-rtr.html

Reliability i think after watching the guys here before the hobbywing max 5 came out. Which is shocking. Beasty alien escs failed and failed like any cheaper option. Then the max 5 looking like a normal esc came out and seems to cope well. 

Wayhay hobbywing lol. That's why i buy there escs. I honestly believe they are the best buy for bashing anyway. 

They do... Most petrols have the option of at least a motor mount or full conversion kit and a few come with a brushless option, HPI have the 5B flux and the 5SC Super thingy, MGM and Mikes link offer 5ive brushless options, the DBXL now comes brushless.

I believe there is also something called a Vader, which is more like a stretched 8th scale but it's classed as 5th and that's brushless.

King Motor have the Blade I think it's called, which is a brushless Baja 5B.

I think it comes down to supply and demand, not many people can realistically afford something like the MGM 5ive or a 5th scale electric.

You then have to factor in LiPos and charging power, you'll be lucky to get much change from £500-600 for a good bunch of batteries and a man enough charger to do it all without it taking forever.

The kind of person who does want to spend that kinda money usually want to build it themselves from the best parts and those who are new to the hobby generally don't want to spend  £1,500+

That's just my opinion based on what I have seen people buy and build over the years.

• Like 1