• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Switchblade probs???

evssv

• 3 years later...

Hi Mack the car and battery are brand new only had car 1 week and the engine is not even run in properly also hope it's not the battery as it hasn't been used much in a week,bought it from RC modelez but they don't seem to help much, the batty has a full charge also cheers Mack 

New batteries can be faulty.  Servos can bind causing heavier than normal current draw.

I would detach the steering arm from the steering mechanism, then check and see if the servo still trips the killswitch. Basically....your servo is now NOT operating the steering, so is under very little load.

What you need to do is pin down the actual root cause.

Assuming the unit is working correctly other than this issue, you should have some flashing LED indicators, which tell you why the switch has acted to kill the motor.

Pre-arm mode (double flash) would indicate that the battery voltage has instantaneously dropped too low.  This can happen for a number of reasons, bad battery, bad power switch, bad battery / switch connection, brown out.

All of the above will be amplified as you pull current i.e. When working throttle / brake hard.

kill mode (on with short off pulse) would indicate that the receiver has gone into failsafe (if set), interference, radio signal loss etc.

Bare in mind that this could also happen if you have accidentally set a mix in your radio between throttle and the kill switch channel.

• Like 2

The blue light does double flash as soon as you turn left or right on steering and cuts engine, steer servo seems to be working normal I'll try taking arm off though, the battery was working fine until we fitted kill switch unless the kill switch has done something to battery, have to check tomorrow about mix on receiver but the throttle works fine it doesn't cut out on throttle or brake, just steering. To Mack's answer km motors standard battery 2000mah and 6v.thanks guys really appreciate the help also 😊👍🏻

I originally had the losi 3000mah 6v nihm battery. After about 5 to 10 minutes of run time it always cutout. Took me ages to figure it out, eventually tried a lipo (I do have high voltage digital servos BTW ) battery which worked wonders. Turned out the nihm battery couldn't supply enough power so the LVC of the Switchblade would cut the engine. I'm running a 5t with hitec D845WP on steering with a Switchblade. 

• Like 1

Figured out my battery is only 500ma and sons is 2000mah so mine is still no good, might just take kill switch off for now it has a fail safe built in to it anyway so my son can use car again because it's just sitting . But thanks guys 😁

• Like 1