• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Petrol Buggy Recomendations please

Bladey

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

You really want to limit the alloy though, it's often not the best things for things like arms, because it has no give, it just bends, rather than flexing, so you could go out, bend something and it'll drive really weird until you eventually either snap it completely or bend it to the point you can see it bending.

That's just my 2p worth though, I'd avoid alloy arms at all costs, if you intend to use it.

Same with the cages, one landing and it's screwed lol, my current plastic cage is about 3 1/2 years old and still going strong.

Yeah that's a good shout fella, I just read so many people doing aluminium upgrades, that I thought it was the way to go, but it makes sense what your saying :)

3 minutes ago, Bladey said:

Yeah that's a good shout fella, I just read so many people doing aluminium upgrades, that I thought it was the way to go, but it makes sense what your saying :)

It works in some place, but things like arms are often best left nylon plastic.

I only mention it because it opens up your chances of ordering from the UK and getting yourself a Baja, which IMO, everyone should own at some point :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bladey said:

Ok thanks John, did you mention in an earlier post that the KM Blade is based on a Baja with a different roll cage? So how easy is it to turn the Blade in to the shape of a Baja, resulting in a Baja with the more powerful 34cc engine?

its very easy but you would have a basic baja. If you like the 002 just get that and a longblock and you will have the bigger engine.

But in all honesty you will have a heck of a lot of fun with the 29cc engine that's in it.

• 1 month later...

Mornin,

just sat sat and had a read of this thread, I’ve had a few 1/8 off readers in the past the last was a Hpi 4.6 trophy, and  love the bashing and running/ Racing with mates as 4 of us purchased them, however nothing too serious, having all sold up we are looking for the next RC buzz and considering 1/5, like the look of the losi 5ive but my god, they are huge and costly !  could I ask if anyone has any opinions the FG baja/beetle/truck  4wd ? Or would you still go KM 002 ? 

Like the idea of 4wd but not millionaires, cost & value for money is also quite important, don’t want the wife’s upset !

Any advice will be of help, cheers.

Edited by kipz

19 minutes ago, kipz said:

Mornin,

just sat sat and had a read of this thread, I’ve had a few 1/8 off readers in the past the last was a Hpi 4.6 trophy, and  love the bashing and running/ Racing with mates as 4 of us purchased them, however nothing too serious, having all sold up we are looking for the next RC buzz and considering 1/5, like the look of the losi 5ive but my god, they are huge and costly !  could I ask if anyone has any opinions the FG baja/beetle/truck  4wd ? Or would you still go KM 002 ? 

Like the idea of 4wd but not millionaires, cost & value for money is also quite important, don’t want the wife’s upset !

Any advice will be of help, cheers.

Check out the 30DN Losi 5T clone. There's a few threads on here about it, (including my own) and I have to say it's a solid bit of kit. I have a DBXLE that I'm comparing the quality against, and I'm struggling to find problems!

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent a long time researching and asking the guys on here who know there stuff, if your starting out in 1/5 scale and want a quality product, but the best value for money, the only place to go is RCModelz, either the Blade or Baja has been recommended many times, I've still yet to get one, money issues and other priorities have had to come first, unfortunately, but I will get there, it's a frustrating wait, but I am committed to eventually owning one of these and I really can't bloody wait!!

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/1-5th-scale-petrol-cars.html?p=1