• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

All round crawler/basher?

Timmy O'G

Telluride won't really crawl, from what I have seen.

The Wraith/Bomber/Yeti would be your best option, in my opinion, all 3 will crawl and rock race pretty well, with the ability to run quicker.

My vote would go for the Yeti out of the 3, it handles speed a bit better but is still very capable off road.

You'll never get the best from both disciplines from one vehicle though, so keep that in mind when you purchase.

12 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Telluride won't really crawl, from what I have seen.

The Wraith/Bomber/Yeti would be your best option, in my opinion, all 3 will crawl and rock race pretty well, with the ability to run quicker.

My vote would go for the Yeti out of the 3, it handles speed a bit better but is still very capable off road.

You'll never get the best from both disciplines from one vehicle though, so keep that in mind when you purchase.

Yeti is a more rock racer than anything technical, wraith is more crawler with less speed, that leaves the bomber, very capable on the rocks and can handle a fair turn of speed.

having all 3, it would be a definite close call between yeti and bomber for me personally.....

when you say 'crawl' what exactly do you have in mind? Lumpy woodland trails or full on rock crawling at slow speed?

as @Oh How Original said, it's difficult to get any Rc to do two things well, so my advice would be simple, buy one Rc for each terrain.

a good brasher and crawler would end up costing you less in the long run than buying one and making it do two jobs.

just my thinking though :good:

6 hours ago, big gaz said:

Yeti is a more rock racer than anything technical, wraith is more crawler with less speed, that leaves the bomber, very capable on the rocks and can handle a fair turn of speed.

having all 3, it would be a definite close call between yeti and bomber for me personally.....

when you say 'crawl' what exactly do you have in mind? Lumpy woodland trails or full on rock crawling at slow speed?

as @Oh How Original said, it's difficult to get any Rc to do two things well, so my advice would be simple, buy one Rc for each terrain.

a good brasher and crawler would end up costing you less in the long run than buying one and making it do two jobs.

just my thinking though :good:

Me and my old man use ours on pretty technical stuff, although they won't crawl crawl, like a locked axle rig will, they do surprisingly well.

I'd vote that too though, a quick basher and a dedicated crawler.

I'd personally take my SCX10 over the Yeti, but only by a very tiny margin.

• 2 weeks later...