• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FPV help

everclear1984

Can anyone tell me how I'd go about using the fpv setup from my quad on a car? I'm thinking it might be fun and small enough for indoor use. Do I just snip the red and black wires and attach a battery or do the white and yellow wires need to be used too? I assume they're just for the record and snapshot function on the quad's tx?

fdbec9ef9b984a0962d54ec105fe0afe.jpg

18 minutes ago, collective itch said:

hi, hard to say without seeing the schematics for the fpv step. Why not try pulling the  red and black pins out the plug and connecting to a power source to see. Just be aware the input for that maybe only 5 v compatible.

Thanks, I think I'll give that a go. It's a cheap enough camera that I don't mind if it goes pop. I'll try a single cell lipo at storage charge to start with.

A little update for anyone who cares, just hooking a battery up doesn't work. I found a simple solution tough, I just removed the whole board from the quad (it was faulty anyway) and hooked it up that way. Simples :)