• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What can you tell me about Tayio?

DennisCA

When I was a kid in the 80s my parents bought me a Tayio, well I didn't know the name until last night. It has been with my three nephews for a decade or more now but I want to bring it back home and renovate it (it's a bit beat up). I am curious if there is such a thing as spare parts for this, I am not sure if they can find the controller, the car is found but last night they were still looking for the controller. Both it and the car has lost their antennas, and one of the front suspensions on the car I remember is stiff, broke and was superglued. I must see if I can fix that. The "window" is also broken so I need to see if I can make a new one or repair the existing one, perhaps fiberglass.

I'd love to know more about this model and this manufacturer, from what I can see they are no longer around anymore.

This is the exact model:

Welcome to MSUK :)

Unfortunately this is a toy grade RC, so you'll struggle to find spares (if any) . These were made to play with out the box, and not to break and then rebuild like a hobby grade. Your best bet is to have a look on eBay and you may come across something like it or similar :good: