• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

• 1 month later...

I'm not a TRX-4 owner as of yet, but have had my eye on them for ages. I've already got a SCX10III, Vanquish Pheonix Portal and a Gmade pickup just wondered what everyone thinks is the best version TRX-4 to get.??

Personally I quite like the Sport HighTrail TRX-4 because it's different to what I already have with my other trucks, I wish they made a non portal TRX-4 though.

The only thing I do know is I don't want a Land Rover or a Bronco..!!🤣🤣

Any advice is well appreciated 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BashingBrian said:

I'm not a TRX-4 owner as of yet, but have had my eye on them for ages. I've already got a SCX10III, Vanquish Pheonix Portal and a Gmade pickup just wondered what everyone thinks is the best version TRX-4 to get.??

Personally I quite like the Sport HighTrail TRX-4 because it's different to what I already have with my other trucks, I wish they made a non portal TRX-4 though.

The only thing I do know is I don't want a Land Rover or a Bronco..!!🤣🤣

Any advice is well appreciated 👍🏼

Some people do convert them to straight axle, I think it's more for the scale look when paired with smaller diameter tyres.

It will make the gearing a lot higher, due to losing the reduction in the portals, so you'll need to lower the gearing to keep its crawling abilities. 

• 1 month later...

Got a few hard body builds going on at the moment. 

This is my Trx4 with the injora jeep cherokee looking body with the tray back. Trx4 kit version 313mm. In nardo grey, pretty sure Audi will own that colour / name copyright but we all no they don't care about that in a certain part of Asia. 

Originally planned to do an Trx4 lcg build but ended up changing my mind. 

The bumper/ front servo mount turned up today from modelsport so I can now fit the front bumper and steering servo. 

I have used the injora lcg chassis but may end up going back to the original chassis. 

I don't like the gold wheels, I did order orange but here we are. So I can see the oven coming in handy. 

IMG_20240305_112820 IMG_20240305_112837

Still got a good few bits to do. I'm quite happy so far all the stock traxxas parts needed went straight on to the injora chassis, shift and lock servos bolt straight in. The radio box will need a couple of holes drilling in the side trays if you want to use stock receiver in the waterproof case. 

Edited by steephill
  • Like 3

Just don't leave it on too long or it'll blacken the aluminium.

A lot of people use it for cleaning full sized car gearboxes when they are removed, can blacken them also. 

Not sure if it would be a good enough finish if you wanted the black aluminium look. 

• Like 2

If I do remove the anodising I'll probably use  matt lacquer. I've done it before and it's turned out quite good. 

It's either that or an excuse to get some more wheels. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Done a few bits to my defender. 

Managed to get the paint of the front windows and windscreen. They aren't crystal clear but I need to try and polish them. 

I did fit the injora light kit, not the best to be honest. 

Rock sliders and chequer plate. 

IMG_20240324_115148 IMG_20240324_115159 IMG_20240324_115214

The cherokee body is the injora 324mm wheel Base version. Only finished painting it yesterday and assembled the body panels last night. 

I used Tamiya primer and hycote acrylic paint and hycote lacquer. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've got a defender body on my TRX4 sport, I have both the long and short wheelbase set-ups and was wondering what other body shells fit it ?

I really like the classic pickups or the Blazer body, does anyone know if the 67 chevy body fits from the axial scx10 kits ?

Hers's what I have at the moment 

cheers 🙂

trx4.jpg

Edited by Sixty7

• 3 weeks later...