• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 - Brushless conversion Build

27 minutes ago, Gavster29 said:

Ooooooops the 1 place I forgot to loctite, the steering knuckle! Lost the M4 bolt :doh:

Ok advice peeps, the tyres I have are supposed to be pre-glued but they are already off 2 of the rims, what's a good way to get the old glue off and what is a good glue to use?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

If you want to remove tyres from rims then stick them in oven for 5 mins at 150ish which makes glue brittle then carefully pull tyre away. Any CA glue will work to reglue just leave overnight to fully cure.

If you want to remove tyres from rims then stick them in oven for 5 mins at 150ish which makes glue brittle then carefully pull tyre away. Any CA glue will work to reglue just leave overnight to fully cure.
Perfect, thanks

I am starting to get tired of this silly weather, all I want to do is have some fun!

Anyway car cleaned yet again, I made a couple of mods, the battery tray now has some foam to keep the battery from moving back and forward. I didn't like the mud guards so I didn't refit them, I'm going to make a piece of perspex for ESC, the other option is to move ESC and get a different battery tray!

Anyway, she is going in to storage until the weather improves, I'm going to invest in a shell and rims over the winter, I was looking at the ST chassis it looks slightly different to the 7 are they interchangeable?

0ed907a2123a2bfd4cdf7fcb0b72707b.jpg0db7356b54a049d341451470f673d7bb.jpgd2af54def1baa0b4df0cca49f917e2c1.jpg60bb6302288f3abb59dd402f815d483b.jpg10eb7baa2fd9c93f859c9f5743e2bdef.jpg079a69a3ccd9d2e714a2ecc3cdafbe20.jpg2a580ae4c899033c852dc0d372f52665.jpgdf0eb34a66bb5b4d373cdb69fe3f7654.jpgd77166143185778d9dadda1e18cafbfd.jpg

46 minutes ago, Gavster29 said:

I'm going to make a piece of perspex for ESC, the other option is to move ESC and get a different battery tray!

Anyway, she is going in to storage until the weather improves, I'm going to invest in a shell and rims over the winter, I was looking at the ST chassis it looks slightly different to the 7 are they interchangeable?

ST chassis is different and not interchangeable. 

My esc is at 90 to yours using the losi 8ight tray and dont have any issues.

1 hour ago, locky said:

ST chassis is different and not interchangeable. 

My esc is at 90 to yours using the losi 8ight tray and dont have any issues.

That's not strictly true........

The drivetrain will fit but you'll need longer dogbones as it'll all be further apart. The shell can be mounted but will no longer reach the standard mounts, look odd and the side guards won't mount. I'm pretty sure I'm running an aftermarket ST chassis for my H7 on-road but I'm struggling for decent shell and had to source the cvd's from the H7L version etc etc. The rest is all good. The wing, engine, steering, radio tray & diff housings/mount are the same, the ST just runs different diff ratios.

It is possible to do but you'll end up with a PITA model longer and thinner than it was designed to be. On-road that works, of-road................???? 

1 minute ago, yoodoo said:

Took it out today and it threw diff oil everywhere..another re-seal me thinks.

J

Have you worked out where it's coming from? I've found the orings round the outdrives to be the biggest issue, occasionally the grub screw in the side.

2 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

It was the center diff, when I took the shell off there was a line of oil on the inner side.I rebuilt before i took it out and l probably not tightened it up enough.

J

Should be a simple fix then. Couple I've had needed threadlock on the grub screw just to a get a decent seal after it had been in and out a few times.

Cheers guys, I'll stick with the standard shell, I was watching some videos of the Hyper VS and the chassis seems wider with smaller side plates?

The ESC would end up even more clogged if I switched it 90, I think I need to drive it when it's a bit dryer!

On 9/17/2017 at 21:24, Gavster29 said:

The ESC would end up even more clogged if I switched it 90, I think I need to drive it when it's a bit dryer!

We live in the UK dude, when is this mythical 'drier' time you speak of??:o

• Haha 1

We live in the UK dude, when is this mythical 'drier' time you speak of??[emoji33]
Not right now! I can hear so much water outside I would need the sub!

Although I did fly my mates quad earlier, I'm thinking of getting one for my birthday!