• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 - Brushless conversion Build

Your workshop is obviously a little better stocked than mine... [emoji38]
Work is filled with CNC and manual machines, I'm just lucky my old man is a master at running them!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Gavster29 said:

So did a rebuild on the centre diff tonight ready for fitting everything back up and trying the motor mount, however I had a slight issue! See pics.

43b9ec383f275387bb905ac529813bbb.jpg172f6711c7272d304ef9759d4476a69d.jpg1d305030d8de865132f29decfcc8ba4f.jpg94d32698e6cd56e854361f54e17f496a.jpg2c3c5835e2bcbd5a238a2c07131b6e01.jpgcecd00184fce9f000263ee06b9d6c365.jpgb52a0f8ed7435402f4e56bb052c40c45.jpg

I'd personally  chop/file the side guard:good:

1 hour ago, evssv said:

I'd personally  chop/file the side guard:good:

It is right on the bolt that holds the gurad on so would make it a bit weak :(

Anyway all done.... Pic to follow!

Spur and pinion all set, my XT90s turned up today but didn't get a chance to solder them up, I'll need to sort out ESC mount next and decide position of the receiver and antenna mount.31d72b0e4ca5ad6adf50c8195b75131b.jpg374bbd55122c55cbd0f24cde0d8a0bce.jpg84e70c639e3028ee0435d722551eaa7d.jpgf7e4103460c607de806ebac727fd0be9.jpg

1 hour ago, Gavster29 said:

OK guys,

I need some pics!  Show me how you modded the Losi 8ight tray to fit the hyper?

No mods needed, you need the U shaped motor mount plate used for mounting nitro.

Edited by locky

I didn't use the u shape nitro mount with mine (losi8 tray), and you just need to trim a small amount off the end of the ESC ledge, and depending what angle you want it in relation to the centre line of the buggy, a small amount out of the left hand chassis side guard to let the front left corner of the tray to sit down flat. fits a treat then :D

As much as I like Tapatalk it's a PITA when using links on the phone! Anyway just had a look and I think I can see a mount under the tray, given I picked up a roller I might have to make something instead

It's a phone afterall...https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/10538/

U shaped plate screws to chassis, the screw points on the losi tray then line up with the slots in the plate, the front screw point on the tray lines up with an existing hole in he chassis, just a suitable screw and nut with spacer needed.

Easy to make own with right tools and time.

It's not a bad shout! Wonder if I can find a local hobby shop with one in stock?

Ok so a little more done, I had a Traxxas Rustler which I've taken a few bits off already, figured the receiver box would be perfect, A) it is waterproof and means I can use a standard receiver and B) it tidied up the wires.

tempted to do a 'holy thread resurrection' on that Hyper thread...[emoji3] 
Lol yes I did do some searches before but for some reason I can't find all these good juicy bits of information, although on the thread it doesn't actually talk about the u mount....

Anyway I went and ordered a mount, but as usual I thought I'm paying almost half again on postage so ordered a CNC front brace as well, I will repurpose the current brace to mount to the center diff.

I've come this far but now I'm getting impatient and just want to run it! Lol

I didn't use the mounting plate, mines drilled through chassis in two places (countersunk) and the losi tray secured with two countersunk m4 bolts from underneath with locknuts. Plate may be better option, don't know, but my tray is rock solid.