• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

58.3mph Baja 5t ALX 71 Beast Crazy power

Arron421

• 5 months later...
Sounded better on that video.
But considering the size and power, on 28/46 it's not really any faster than a 30.5 lol.
Which really surprised me.

You joking you show me a 30.5 doing 67mph on grass.

That’s not even it’s full potential I’m running out of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your title says 58 bud?
Deans old 30.5 OBR did over 60.
That's what I was going by :good:

60 mph on road not on wet grass.

And that video I just posted was 60+

3 minutes ago, Arron421 said:

60 mph on road not on wet grass.

And that video I just posted was 60+

Still not too much more really though, for the size and power difference.

I assume it's a case of not tall enough gearing and not being able to get the power down?

It would be interesting to have one on a runway or something, been able to hold it flat out for a good 10 seconds just to see what they can do.

Still not too much more really though, for the size and power difference.
I assume it's a case of not tall enough gearing and not being able to get the power down?
It would be interesting to have one on a runway or something, been able to hold it flat out for a good 10 seconds just to see what they can do.

You need to actual see one personally.

It’s a whole different ball game.
Harder to control. All setup has to change and when it’s coming to speed that’s a lot
60+ mph on grass

Obr 57cc twins only pushing that and they rev a lot more.

They pull 30/44 easy.
deans had 70+ mph on road with a 48cc and it wasn’t running great that day.

71 malossi In 30/44 on road could hit 90mph easy.

@Arron421  yep - that's certainly shifting in that video!! :good:  Makes my measly 48mph seem static :wacko:  (29cc with 19/55 gearing)  its top end on mine is a little spluttery though, so all it needs a slight tweak on the HSN and it should crack 50mph hopefully.... 

• Like 1

My old OBR Dan was on road and 60.2 the SCZ did 62.6 on road but it's how quick you get to that speed, at the time I'd have thought it was quick but nothing compares till you've ran a big bore.

Hard to explain but the big bores gets to 60 plus on grass in half the time the small bore was on road.

The spot arron runs at don't help with max speed off road it spends most its time on the back wheels, I've seen it go and it's mental the vids don't do it justice.

I did a road run with my smaller bore 48 ALX, and still spun the wheels well above 60 and to top that off a faulting coil.

Big bores ain't for everyone but I'd never go back to a small bore unless it was a small bored twin, the smiles just from the sound of them.

Ohh I agree they look awesome and the noise is there, but nobody seems to be able to really push them properly.

You see videos and it's just the same thing, blipping the throttle making it look like it's on hydraulics across a field lol.

I'm just curious to see what they are actually capable of in terms of speed compared to something slower that's all :)

We push them as far as we can dan but limited in what can be achieved with the length of the grass, also running BRP's lowers COG and makes even more drag.

The field I got 70.2mph on the max I'd got with a small bore on the same field was 51 if memory serves, that's a massive increase.

I've been down Arron's end and actually had a race his is a 71 mine 48, and it was embarrassing tbh.

Tbh mine was only getting 14k iffy coil limiting revs, but he'd have won anyway.

The vids don't do justice at all Arron's just sits on its ass and it's gone ??‍♂️

Although I'm waiting for him to have a rematch down my end, then I'm sure he will get some record off road speeds because the fields plenty long enough.

That's what I meant fella, finding somewhere big enough, even just once to see what they will do when you're able to properly open them up... I know the acceleration is far and away beyond what anything small bore could achieve, I suppose one of the main reasons I I've never pulled the trigger on a big bore is a lack of places to really open it up at.