• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 to electric

fil_b

On 2017/6/30 at 23:30, Pistonhead said:

Paid £65 shipped for my Gens Ace pack, 4s, 50c, 5000mah, hard case arrived in two days from germany 

The shipping is quick! Usually it would takes 3-5 days from Germany to UK.

I've ordered plenty of bits n pieces from Germany over the years and it's always been el-rapido delivery times! Been quicker than ordering from certain places in the UK...

Had some issues with the motor stock. Had to find another seller. See if this one gets sent

side note. Car is stripped and engine is out. 

Have a 29 mac engine if that's any use. Top plate has been trimmed so I can fit the mount

just waiting in bits now. 

Will trial fit the losi battery holder too

On 2017/7/4 at 11:19, t2boats said:

I've ordered plenty of bits n pieces from Germany over the years and it's always been el-rapido delivery times! Been quicker than ordering from certain places in the UK...

Wow, then you are lucky and wise about this.

On 04/07/2017 at 07:19, fil_b said:

Had some issues with the motor stock. Had to find another seller. See if this one gets sent

side note. Car is stripped and engine is out. 

Have a 29 mac engine if that's any use. Top plate has been trimmed so I can fit the mount

just waiting in bits now. 

Will trial fit the losi battery holder too

Found that the Losi battery tray needs very little fettling to fit properly, screw holes line up well enough to securely mount it, and only required a small portion of the side guard cutting out to fit perfectly :thumbsup: 

thanks

not had change to fit it yet but had a look at the tray and notice the screw holes

was going to ask if any lined up

what the velcro i need for the tay - mine didnt come with any

Any velcro straps will do really. You could even just buy a roll of hermaphrodite velcro and use that :) 

If you look at the pictures of my hyper those are the turnigy straps, they are plenty long for any battery I'll ever use :D 

hi all

my ESC turned up to day - first time i used one of these. Motor is yet to come.

The 3 motor cables look like they have ends on to conenct up. but the 2 cables for the Lipo just have wires - no connectior?

do i need to orde a connector? how do they attach?

tar

Phil

You'll need to solder a connector on to match whatever the battery comes with. Have you got the lipo already (I'm too lazy to read back) as it will be easier to match it to that rather than having to desolder the battery aswell if use a different type. I used bullets for the battery on mine, like your three motor wires only bigger.

not got Lipos yet

was waiting to for the ESC to come before ordering any.

ok will order some Lipos and see what they come with then go from there

thanks

If you're happy soldering then you may as well just go ahead and order some xt90's and heatshrink (although they are £8 for 10 pairs and £2 for some off china) at the same time :) 

Generally hobbyking list what connectors the batteries will come with. My recent 5s were just wires however :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Virdi said:

Hi all,

I am also attempting a Hyper 7 Conversion ...here are a few pics ...I used the kit from TCMODELS.NET

4MiQUlT.jpg

NJcPzqN.jpg

46l0kI6.jpg

3B3xJ8Q.jpg

Hi Virdi,

I am also converting although I have not got a "kit" for converting so we will see how it pans out.  I was just wondering what adjustment you had on that motor mount, it doesn't look to have much movement for different sized pinions?

Hi,

The kit came with a 12T pinion ...but my motor is big and was touching the rear Chassis brace ...But I could move the brace to the to other side.  So I just stuck on a 17T for now (testing)

4MiQUlT.jpg

It is possible to move the brace to the other side of the dogbone, I did it when I ran the 2560kv with a 15t pinion. 

I don't use that nitro plate though so I guess that may be blocking the suitable (slightly bigger so I used a washer between the bolt head and chassis) hole for yours.

@Virdi what motor is that? if it's 2200kv or below you'll want close to a 19t on there anyway.

@Gavster29 I use that mount with a 19t and could possibly fit up to a 20t in there on the bigger side of things but with some minor dremmeling could fit bigger imo.

Just now, Ross9999992 said:

It is possible to move the brace to the other side of the dogbone, I did it when I ran the 2560kv with a 15t pinion. 

I don't use that nitro plate though so I guess that may be blocking the suitable (slightly bigger so I used a washer between the bolt head and chassis) hole for yours.

@Virdi what motor is that? if it's 2200kv or below you'll want close to a 19t on there anyway.

@Gavster29 I use that mount with a 19t and could possibly fit up to a 20t in there on the bigger side of things but with some minor dremmeling could fit bigger imo.

hi,

It's 2650 Castle Clone ;)

@Virdi Ahh fair enough, you'll probably want 15t-19t then I guess. I deffo wouldn't go as low as 12t myself. 

Maybe you could drill through the motor plate thing to use the other hole if you do end up needing smaller than that 17t.

@Ross9999992 my mount should allow up to a 30mm sized pinion which is quite big! Also I plan on using all 4 bolt holes in the Leopard 2000kv motor, my biggest pinion is 17t but I'll be running on 5s so I'm thinking I need 20t or maybe a 21t!
@fil_b sorry to go slightly off topic, how is your build going, any new pics? Have you had it running?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Got a link Gav?
J
No sorry bud it's a work in progress, my dad has done all the hard cad work and should hopefully be machining it tomorrow, if it works I'm going to see if he can do me a handful I might even be able to get them anodised.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2