• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which 1:18th scale truck?

swebber23

I am looking at buying a 1:18th truck. It's been a while since I last had an electric RC truck.

I'm looking for something to get me started which I can then upgrade to brushless and lipos in the future.

I have usually had team associated and hpi trucks in the past but 1:10th scale.

What would people recommend? I'm keen on the Team associated Rival or HPI mini recon but the price is a fair bit higher compared to somehing like the Ripmax Husky or Maverick Ion.

I was in the same boat for my kid to bash. I got a basher 1/16 hellseeker v2 or badbug. 

But my daughter opened the box and i saw the excitment wash away lol. Scx10 to 1/16 i was prob asking for it. So i looked again and found maplins on ebay is knocking out 1/10 ecx rollers in bids ending around £50-55 each. I just won one today for £50+5.50p&p. 

I msgd them to ask what accessories not inc means. They said its complete but no radio,batts/charger. But im still kinda expecting a bashed up bare bones roller lol. 25mph std on 2s i think but i saw an ECX ruckus VS TRX stampede and the ruckus looked alot bigger and just dragged the pede around no sweat. I put a max bid in right after lol. 

Ps. If you're set on a mini scale check out the badbug hellseeker v2 cars this kit owes me £50 total. Ill do it for £40. New in box kit plus used losi mini8 1/14 brushless combo. I paid  £25 each Kit/combo. The kit still needs servo/lipo/radio adding to it. 

Edited by RCbutcher