• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can anyone ID this?

frostic

Last one i sold (admittedly it was a year ago) reached £114 quid. But it was a Saddle pack sport.

And it was modified, set up for drift etc etc with a nice Toyota Supra shell

As it stands, your model is worth around £50.

These kind of models sell best in summer

That's fine, atleast I didn't lose anything. Haven't had a 1/10 before so may actually end up keeping it and seeing how it is. Looks like parts aren't too easy to find though, do you know of anywhere that still sells all the parts or if bits off other models fit? Sorry for a million questions, only ever had 1/8 buggy and truggy

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Can't speak specifically for the SST'99 but I had a Cat'98 which was the same basic chassis and drivetrain (albeit slightly longer) but in buggy form until quite recently and had no problem keeping it running. Schumacher still stock some spares but not everything - however ebay was able to source pretty much anything else. 

However that car has been seriously messed with. Neither end has the correct shocks - the fronts look like cheap GPM ones, the rear's are off a Tamiya. Something is odd about the tyres/wheels at the front, and the steering links look very strange. 

Yes i noticed its not original, almost seems cobbled together out of spares, or the seller nicked the original part before listing.

Steering links are eBay Chinese specials.

Front an rear wheels look like drift rims, but someone has stretched radial tyres over them

The servo is also not original

Still a good starting platform though

The tyres just weren't taped on, although they too look cheap anyway. Steering links the guy gave me the originals but for whatever reason they don't have the metal balls in. Considering keeping it and fixing it, drove it around the front room yesterday and it's quite fun

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I've an sst sport rally and it looks pretty much the same barring parts mentioned above. The steering linkages connect the same way as the front and rear upper arms so you need to pop the linkage off and then remove the threaded balls from the steering knuckles as they are screwed into the plastic.

Which is probably why you dont have them.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk